[Q] Use Sony earphones as PC Mic?

Search This thread

ItBankRock

Jan 14, 2012
Lipa City
Hey guys! I want to ask a silly question, yeah, can I use the Sony earphones (the one that came with my Acro S, should be the same with S) as a microphone for my pc? I want to ask it because when I used it as a mic for my phone to record my voice, the quality is amazing! It's like a studio mic lol, it's better than my main pc mic. I tried to google my question but it seems like I can't find the solution (maybe I'm not a good searcher lol).

So yeah, can I?

Here's the thing that I'm talking about:

DSC_SonyEarphones.jpg

P.S. My Sony earphones is still in perfect condition, still works.

Last edited:

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane
Hey guys! I want to ask a silly question, yeah, can I use the Sony earphones (the one that came with my Acro S, should be the same with S) as a microphone for my pc? I want to ask it because when I used it as a mic for my phone to record my voice, the quality is amazing! It's like a studio mic lol, it's better than my main pc mic. I tried to google my question but it seems like I can't find the solution (maybe I'm not a good searcher lol).

So yeah, can I?

Here's the thing that I'm talking about:

DSC_SonyEarphones.jpg

P.S. My Sony earphones is still in perfect condition, still works.

It should work. I used to use my Xperia Mini's earphones as a mic so it is worth a try. Just connect it to the microphone jack of your pc and in the start menu, search for sound recorder.;)

auni

Nov 26, 2011
Dhaka
Guys how can it worked ?? :( Mine never even worked as headphone or as a mic !!

Could be a issue with the Sound card may be?

ItBankRock

Jan 14, 2012
Lipa City
Guys how can it worked ?? :( Mine never even worked as headphone or as a mic !!

Could be a issue with the Sound card may be?

Yeah probably your soundcard, my Sony earphones works like a charm on my pc, I always used it to play intense games like Battlefield 3 (stereo sound and bass is awesome).

It should work. I used to use my Xperia Mini's earphones as a mic so it is worth a try. Just connect it to the microphone jack of your pc and in the start menu, search for sound recorder.;)

I tried plugging it in the mic jack, didn't work :/ can't hear anything when I speak loud enough to that little hole. I set it as default device for recording, still no use. I heard someone that I should use a splitter or something.

Last edited:

solonxpl

Feb 6, 2014
Menouf
It worked for Sony Xperia M dual earphone

I tried to use the earphones as a mic on both my laptop and PC and to my amazement it worked but the mic was the earpiece ( the piece that goes in YOUR EARS). I don't know how it happened but it did work. Unfortunately, the sound quality is so bad and very low.