[Q] Viper4Android Issue

Search This thread

Kilroy.

Aug 5, 2012
Cologne
Hey Friends,
I tried viper4android on minicm7 but no luck to me, after installing I only get awkward restarts. So I gave up! I saw it on x8 thread, it used in a rom. Can any one port it cleanly??

Viper4Android works fine on Gingerbread, as long as you use the v2207. Any version above that only works on JB.

If you want, I´ll upload you that version tomorrow...

Reactions: Rockmins

Kilroy.

Aug 5, 2012
Cologne
Please give me the instructions too! I really dont know why is there two apks (FX & XHIFI) !!

(NOTE: XHIFI never made the sound on my phone better, so this is originally for the FX version, even though it works also with XHIFI. Anyway, the FX offers the most options and best sound effects ;) )

1. Extract the apk onto your sdcard
2. copy it to /system/app
3. Reboot
4. Open Viper4Android FX
5. Grant SU permission
6. Install drivers
7. Reboot

After that, you can customize the settings to what sounds best!
Oh, and don´t use the convolver, it either makes your phone laggy or initialises "akward restarts" ;) .

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockmins

Crazy Seed

Jan 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Can you upload ViPER4Android Audio Effects v2207 ? I really cant find it!

@ killroy: found it finally! thanks any way !
Sound iss good btw!

Have you ever tried Mixzing music player 2.7.1? The EQ of mixzing is good, but don't know if better than Viper4Android in Quality.
Does this Viper4Android make music play with more quality? By quality i mean the sound is sweeter and the vocals are higher 'because normally without EQ vocals can hardly be heard, specially on rock songs'.
I tried many apps but none has made vocals become Clear and High to be heard good.
is Viper4Android worth the try for this?. If yes, can you show me your settings to achieve such good sound 'you can take a screenshot and put it here'?

Thanks btw

Kilroy.

Aug 5, 2012
Cologne
Have you ever tried Mixzing music player 2.7.1? The EQ of mixzing is good, but don't know if better than Viper4Android in Quality.
Does this Viper4Android make music play with more quality? By quality i mean the sound is sweeter and the vocals are higher 'because normally without EQ vocals can hardly be heard, specially on rock songs'.
I tried many apps but none has made vocals become Clear and High to be heard good.
is Viper4Android worth the try for this?. If yes, can you show me your settings to achieve such good sound 'you can take a screenshot and put it here'?

Thanks btw

This is my personal audio profile(I´m using mid- to high-end earphones)

It works best with the v4a versions above 22.08, which only work on ROMs using the nAa-06-kernel.

What to do:

1. Create a Folder on your sdcard named "ViPER4Android"
2. Open that folder & create a folder named "Profile"
3. Download & unzip the file from this post
4. Copy the File Headphones.prf into "sdcard/VIPER4Android/Profile"
5. Install V4A as described above
6. Open V4A
7. Open Settings-Load effect profile
8. select "Headphones"

Done!

Attachments

• Headphones.zip
    639 bytes · Views: 49
Reactions: Crazy Seed

Crazy Seed

Jan 14, 2013
www.youtube.com

It works best with the v4a versions above 22.08, which only work on ROMs using the nAa-06-kernel.

What to do:

6. Open V4A
8. select "Headphones"

Done!

I did it all, well the effect was a little bit aggressive for my earphones xD but i changed it a little bit so there is no problem xD.
The sound looks like it become a bit more 'rich', but never more 'clear', so i guess there really is no way to make the vocals sound clear and high :( xD. Anyway i'll keep your effect 'modified' and test it more days, at least the sound being more 'rich' is also an improvement i think xD.

Thanks bro ;)

Kilroy.

Aug 5, 2012
Cologne
I did it all, well the effect was a little bit aggressive for my earphones xD but i changed it a little bit so there is no problem xD.
The sound looks like it become a bit more 'rich', but never more 'clear', so i guess there really is no way to make the vocals sound clear and high :( xD. Anyway i'll keep your effect 'modified' and test it more days, at least the sound being more 'rich' is also an improvement i think xD.

Thanks bro ;)

Try putting up the value of 'clear audio' to about 6db

Sent from my U20i using xda app-developers app

Crazy Seed

Jan 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Try putting up the value of 'clear audio' to about 6db

i don't see any option with the name 'clear audio', so i supposed that was on XHIFI version, i installed it but there's no option with that name either :S xD. What is the real name of the option you're talking about? xD.

After testing today the yesterdays effect of viper4android, i noticed that audio actually got a bit worse and not rich :S , and if i use your headphone effect 'so much bass' then the vocals are even lower than normal :S . So maybe that Clear Audio thing you mentioned can solve this problem i think xD.

Ps: i'm using 2207 fx version. when i installed xhifi 2100 version the option Audio Reconstruction is very very laggy in the sound when Enabled 'looks like the sound is having hiccups all the time xD', i don't know what the f... is happening with this ViperFx thingy xD, having good sound quality is a total Headshot xD.

Kilroy.

Aug 5, 2012
Cologne
i don't see any option with the name 'clear audio', so i supposed that was on XHIFI version, i installed it but there's no option with that name either :S xD. What is the real name of the option you're talking about? xD.

After testing today the yesterdays effect of viper4android, i noticed that audio actually got a bit worse and not rich :S , and if i use your headphone effect 'so much bass' then the vocals are even lower than normal :S . So maybe that Clear Audio thing you mentioned can solve this problem i think xD.

Ps: i'm using 2207 fx version. when i installed xhifi 2100 version the option Audio Reconstruction is very very laggy in the sound when Enabled 'looks like the sound is having hiccups all the time xD', i don't know what the f... is happening with this ViperFx thingy xD, having good sound quality is a total Headshot xD.

As said before, the audio profile I posted works best on versions above 2208. When not used on versions above that, the options 'viper bass' aand 'viper clarity' aren't available, which basically defeats the reason to use that profile.

Sorry, mate, the option I meant was viper clarity...

Crazy Seed

Jan 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
As said before, the audio profile I posted works best on versions above 2208. When not used on versions above that, the options 'viper bass' aand 'viper clarity' aren't available, which basically defeats the reason to use that profile.

Sorry, mate, the option I meant was viper clarity...

I knew the name was wrong xD. Yes i saw that but you also said that versions above only work on naa-06 kernel and if i'm not wrong there still isn't any rom completly Stable on that kernel :( , so i guess that viper4android will have to wait because a stable rom is more important than increasing audio quality :S . I tried version above 2207 and the result really was strange bootloops and i had to Restore a Backup of the Rom on CWM :S . But thanks anyway bro :) .

Ps. Well, i started another thread in this Help section xD, it's about the Text Selection, if you know how to solve my question about this let me know in the thread bro.

Cheers

iamtherizzle

Mar 1, 2010
Viper4android makes the sound so much better when listening to music on my stereo system, through my phone. However, it seems to only work about 1/3 of the time. Sometimes it will be working, then I'll select a new album to listen to, and it no longer works... And vice versa. Sometimes it just will not work at all, even after a reboot. It's just completely random. I'm running it on a VZW Galaxy S4 with the Hyperdrive Rom installed. I would love to figure out how to get it to work 100% of the time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Friends,
    I tried viper4android on minicm7 but no luck to me, after installing I only get awkward restarts. So I gave up! I saw it on x8 thread, it used in a rom. Can any one port it cleanly??

Viper4Android works fine on Gingerbread, as long as you use the v2207. Any version above that only works on JB.

If you want, I´ll upload you that version tomorrow...
    Please give me the instructions too! I really dont know why is there two apks (FX & XHIFI) !!

(NOTE: XHIFI never made the sound on my phone better, so this is originally for the FX version, even though it works also with XHIFI. Anyway, the FX offers the most options and best sound effects ;) )

1. Extract the apk onto your sdcard
    2. copy it to /system/app
    3. Reboot
    4. Open Viper4Android FX
    5. Grant SU permission
    6. Install drivers
    7. Reboot

After that, you can customize the settings to what sounds best!
    Oh, and don´t use the convolver, it either makes your phone laggy or initialises "akward restarts" ;) .

Thanks btw

What to do:

6. Open V4A
    8. select "Headphones"

Done!
Our Apps
Get our official app!