[Q] Virtual machine size

Search This thread

Vladko1

Dec 16, 2011
www.stexcalibur.com
Hi guys!
A month ago i made some optimization to my phone(including and supercharger script update). Now the phone is very fast, even now it doesn't suffer from music stutter after long stand-by(have that in mind the the cpu rendering is disabled and the gpu needs a lot of memory streaming, but its running fine). Some of the things i made were turning on to clean the VM every 12 minutes(or smth like that) and limitng the Dalvik size to 38MB from the build. Everything is running very well and fast(ohh, btw, im running .587), but the problem is when i stop to record video(longer than half minute), the camera freezes and it's unable to properly save the video(Cyber-Shot 2B.). Only saves amount of data with extension but with no header. Is it due to VM size, or the frequent VM cleaning or something else?
One other question, as far as i know, Dalvik starts after loading Kernel, OS and after starting initial services, but is it possible to set Dalvik limit depending on the processes runing? I'm not a programmer but i don't know how to say it, i've written something looking like a code to present what i mean. Thanks in advance!
#!/system/bin/sh
if 'pidof com.sonyericsson.android.camera' (i don't know what to code for cheking if the process is started).
then dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=120m and dalvik.vm.heapsize=120m
else
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=38m and dalvik.vm.heapsize=38m;
sleep 10
while(1)
EDIT: I don't know if i've deleted the caches(dalvik and partition, but i'll give a try).

Last edited: