• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] VS985 USB Charging Port Fix?

Search This thread

TyWillems19

Oct 29, 2012
Hey guys, I have an LG G3 with a broken charging port (does not appear to accept a charge from the original cable).

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has been able to fix it?

I am capable of taking the phone apart and experimenting, however it seems as if the port itself is more difficult to access, even after disassembling the phone.

Let me know if you have any fixes I can try to attempt to get the phone to receive a charge once again, thanks!

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Hey guys, I have an LG G3 with a broken charging port (does not appear to accept a charge from the original cable).

I am capable of taking the phone apart and experimenting, however it seems as if the port itself is more difficult to access, even after disassembling the phone.

Let me know if you have any fixes I can try to attempt to get the phone to receive a charge once again, thanks!

Send it back to be fixed or replaced. Phone hasn't been released for a year yet, so its still under warranty.

Reactions: TyWillems19

TyWillems19

Oct 29, 2012
Ahh thank you for the info. You see I actually have two of these now. Mine, which is in excellent condition, and a second one I received that has a cracked top glass screen and damaged rear cover.

Do you know if they will fix the USB for free if I replace the glass and back cover? I don't see why that would make a difference if I am not asking them to replace either of the obviously broken-by-use components.

I guess I will give them a call and find out for myself. I'll edit this post if I find out news, just for anyone else who may encounter something similar.

Thank you.

EDIT:

So I've decided not to send the phone back to be looked at. After examining the port, it is clearly broken, and while it still appears to allow the cord to plug-in, it is obviously broken. I've decided to just spend 18$ on Ebay for a new Backdoor with wireless charging compatibility and see how that works out.

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Ahh thank you for the info. You see I actually have two of these now. Mine, which is in excellent condition, and a second one I received that has a cracked top glass screen and damaged rear cover.

Do you know if they will fix the USB for free if I replace the glass and back cover? I don't see why that would make a difference if I am not asking them to replace either of the obviously broken-by-use components.

I guess I will give them a call and find out for myself. I'll edit this post if I find out news, just for anyone else who may encounter something similar.

Thank you.

i would defiantly repair the other items before sending it in. no reason to give them an excuse to not repair the port, if you are going to fix the other items anyways.

Reactions: TyWillems19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Send it back to be fixed or replaced. Phone hasn't been released for a year yet, so its still under warranty.

Thank you.

i would defiantly repair the other items before sending it in. no reason to give them an excuse to not repair the port, if you are going to fix the other items anyways.