[Q] VS985 USB PC Connection Mode

Search This thread

JCryselZ33

Oct 8, 2012
I'm trying to get BUMP'd TWRP on my Verizon LG G3 and I read that you have to set the device's USB connection mode to internet, and then ethernet. When I tried to do it the only modes available were MTP and PTP. Is it because I took the OTA to VS98511C and need to roll back or something else entirely?

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
I'm trying to get BUMP'd TWRP on my Verizon LG G3 and I read that you have to set the device's USB connection mode to internet, and then ethernet. When I tried to do it the only modes available were MTP and PTP. Is it because I took the OTA to VS98511C and need to roll back or something else entirely?

Oh the pains of Noob Logic....:confused:

-Rhetorical question #1: Why would you take an OTA if you were planning on rooting?
-Rhetorical question #2: How would you not be able to figure out this question your asking when the answer is plastered all over the place here in multiple forums/threads?

-Statement #1: You must research yourself. The fact that you asked this question worries me. I am actually not being rude, or sarcastic - I am actually helping you by not answering this question for you.
-Statement #2: After you find the answer yourself (which will be very, very, very easy to find :p), if you have any questions that you truly cannot find the answers to, post back here again and you will get some help.
-Statement #3: be prepared for getting a lot of member flak as your forum life matures.... Again, that question really worries me and I truly fear for your phone....and your forum social status as a whole:cool: