[Q] What happened to Z4 Root?

Search This thread
Dec 12, 2010
I bought an HTC Incredible a month and a half ago. I had my phone "temporarily" rooted with Z4 Root for about a month no problem. Over the weekend I went into Titanium Backup to unfreeze an app and it says I don't have root privileges. Super User now says it wants to update and then errors out. I power cycled and ran Z4 Root again and it says it worked, but still no Super User. I have read a little here and there on the internet but have not been able to figure out why this happened. I read OTA update may have caused it, but I don't remember receiving any updates and I also noticed Z4 Root is not in Market anymore and pretty much most of the links to it on the web are dead now. Were did it go? Anybody know whats up with this?

Also, I was wondering if doing a factory reset will restore the apps I froze with Titanium Backup? I want to do a restore so I can make a clean backup. I am planning on checking out Unrevoked3.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgoin
N

NW21

I bought an HTC Incredible a month and a half ago. I had my phone "temporarily" rooted with Z4 Root for about a month no problem. Over the weekend I went into Titanium Backup to unfreeze an app and it says I don't have root privileges. Super User now says it wants to update and then errors out. I power cycled and ran Z4 Root again and it says it worked, but still no Super User. I have read a little here and there on the internet but have not been able to figure out why this happened. I read OTA update may have caused it, but I don't remember receiving any updates and I also noticed Z4 Root is not in Market anymore and pretty much most of the links to it on the web are dead now. Were did it go? Anybody know whats up with this?

Also, I was wondering if doing a factory reset will restore the apps I froze with Titanium Backup? I want to do a restore so I can make a clean backup. I am planning on checking out Unrevoked3.

It was removed from the market. However, it's available here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=833953

PMGRANDS

Aug 15, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut

UNREVOKED Is Your Best Bet, I Used It To ROOT My Girls Phone, & It Was Pretty Effortless!! Although It Took A While, But If You Do Decide To Try It Out, My Advice Is Find Something Else To Do After It Starts.Running... I Almost Stopped It A Few Times Thinking It Was Stuck!! But It's Not!!!

Let It Run!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

PMGRANDS

Aug 15, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut

I'm Not Sure If You Still Need Z4Root But.... Here You Go!!

lonnieb

Nov 12, 2010
z4 help

Z4 has not worked on my droid since the update to 2.2.1 anyone know what I can do. :confused:

noylekul

Dec 31, 2010
I also need to re-root my phone.... didn't notice until today that the update took away superuser permissions... tried downloading z4root and it says that application will not work on this phone

noylekul

Dec 31, 2010
After lots of searching and the links to z4root on these forums not working, I finally unrooted and then rooted my 2.2.1 Droid X.

Went to droidhut dot webs dot com on my Droid X<--- wont let me post links since I'm new to the forums
Clicked on the Motorola root/unroot link at the top
downloaded the z4root from there by clicking - "CLICKING HERE"
unrooted my Droid X - let Z4 do its thing
let the phone reboot
tried temp root - didn't work -so I tried permanent boot and it worked perfectly
2.2.1 rooted

Last edited:

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
Z4root can no longer root the new Sony Ericsson X10 update 2.0.2.A.0.24. I hope that the devs are still working on it because it was such a great app!

leemus

Jan 13, 2011
@ PMGRANDS

cannot download this file on pc or droid 2 phone....pc says search for file to open this type of program...phone says download not supported any help please

Dec 12, 2010
Thanks For All Of theReplies

Thank you everyone for all of your replies, sorry I have not been more interactive with this thread. I did manage to get everything worked out and figured I would share my results. It turned out all I had to do to get Z4 Root to work again was give my device a factory reset through HBOOT. Once I did that I was able to to fire up Z4 Root and get Titanium Backup going, etc.

I just wanted to post this to let you all know I figured this out and appreciate the responses. I am no longer using Z4 Root, I ended up rooting with Unrevoked. Everything is working great, I essentially was using Z4 Root before so I could use Titanium backup, but now the possibilities I have are endless!! I have been having so much fun playing with roms, themes, etc. I am new to all of this, but I am a tech Junkie so I am catching on fast. I recommend to anyone who is just getting into this to DO YOUR RESEARCH before modifying your device so you know what you are getting yourself into!! Thanks again everyone!

Aero2007

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Z4root no longer working

Runnig 2.1 with the latest update with multitouch. My Z4root no longer works. Sideloaded the newest post release from here and installed, it is still not working. When I go to run it, Z4 starts up and either freezes my screen or runs forever on running exploit. I have busybox and superuser already. Any suggestions?

wsblevins

Jan 29, 2011
It would appear that Z4Root is just not going to work with Droid 2 and the latest OTA update. I'm starting to really hate Android phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm Not Sure If You Still Need Z4Root But.... Here You Go!!