• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] What is PowerManagerService? It's draining my battery.

Search This thread

MiKenning

Nov 19, 2011
Schweinfurt
This service is keeping my phone awake especially when the screen is off. I am running CM9, maybe it's just a product of my OS? Here's an analysis from BetterBatteryStats in the downloads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-15-17-39-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-15-17-39-01.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 8,405
Reactions: pikpok

kladde

Jun 27, 2011
So what was the issue? I could not find anything that helps me fix this clicking the yellow/blue button.

So a solution here would be great.

ShahabJafri

Apr 2, 2011
Jeddah
www.shahabjafri.com
So what was the issue? I could not find anything that helps me fix this clicking the yellow/blue button.

Clicking on the yellow button will take you to the BBS Wiki where it says that PowerManagerService is actually a placeholder for all partial wakelocks. So you need to check what entries are coming up in Partial wakelock option. For me it was the Google Maps location service which I disabled and installed an alternative client (Backtitude). Now crossing the fingers.

kladde

Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for helping me.

In the Partial wakelock I see on the top spotifyservice about 1h and then audioout_1 about 1h. But no googlemaps.

I understand that both spotifyservice and the audioout_1 works together in some way.

timmyd463229

Dec 16, 2010
Clicking on the yellow button will take you to the BBS Wiki where it says that PowerManagerService is actually a placeholder for all partial wakelocks. So you need to check what entries are coming up in Partial wakelock option. For me it was the Google Maps location service which I disabled and installed an alternative client (Backtitude). Now crossing the fingers.

That's what is killing my battery also did it help you to disable it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well I went to the BetterBatteryStats thread and found that. Everyone has to point out your flaws and mistakes on this website.

Chris.

Other wise you just or we just keep dishing out false information usually to noobs who get even more confused .

jje
    This service is keeping my phone awake especially when the screen is off. I am running CM9, maybe it's just a product of my OS? Here's an analysis from BetterBatteryStats in the downloads.
    Tap on the little blue/yellow icon on the right and find out yourself.