[Q] What is the ANT Radio Services?

Search This thread

Lewis0214

Jan 30, 2013
I just two apps called ANT Radio Service and ANT+ Plugins. I did not installed them. How can they are on my phone? And why are these are system apps?
Can I delete them, and if I can, how do I make it?

I use 4.3 MI8 Android Sytem on my Galaxy S4

OneCanuck

Nov 16, 2012
I just two apps called ANT Radio Service and ANT+ Plugins. I did not installed them. How can they are on my phone? And why are these are system apps?

Copying my post from somewhere else:

Sony and Samsung bundle these services on all of their latest devices.

To my understanding these services are just the equivalent of the Bluetooth stack which allows apps to use Bluetooth on your phone, but for ANT+. Instead of being built deeper down at the system level (where you wouldn't find it in your apps list), it's been distributed on the Play Store to make bug fixes and new feature updates much faster than waiting for new firmware updates. Also it allows users to add ANT support to devices which already do not have it through USB.

Google already does this with their Google Play Services which they bundle into the Google Play "app" so they can bypass carriers and not wait for phones to be firmware updated (if they ever are). In this case it's just more highly visible then if it was hidden deeper.

If you delete them, it's the equivalent of deleting Bluetooth support, but for ANT+ devices instead.

You can find more information about it on their website.

As to removing it, you need root access, but if their are no apps using them then they don't consume any discernable power anyway

1a11ous

Jan 17, 2011

To my understanding these services are just the equivalent of the Bluetooth stack which allows apps to use Bluetooth on your phone, but for ANT+. Instead of being built deeper down at the system level (where you wouldn't find it in your apps list), it's been distributed on the Play Store to make bug fixes and new feature updates much faster than waiting for new firmware updates. Also it allows users to add ANT support to devices which already do not have it through USB.

Google already does this with their Google Play Services which they bundle into the Google Play "app" so they can bypass carriers and not wait for phones to be firmware updated (if they ever are). In this case it's just more highly visible then if it was hidden deeper.

If you delete them, it's the equivalent of deleting Bluetooth support, but for ANT+ devices instead.

As to removing it, you need root access, but if their are no apps using them then they don't consume any discernable power anyway

Good to know thanks for the info.:good:

geusseppe

Sep 3, 2015
Ant and Ant+ are for pairing with fitness devices like pedometers, heart rate monitors, and other such fitness monitors and tools. If you do not use these type of devices...simply disable the app...its just another way samsung is trying to appease all of their users and entice others to use their products. A very useful app if you are into staying fit.

Reactions: mdrmusic and vbajs

vbajs

Jul 1, 2015
Redmi Note 10 Pro
NO!!!,DONT USE THEM,THEY WILL TURN YOU INTO ANT(lol,jk,just feeding the trolls[emoji23] [emoji23] ) but anyways @geusseppe is right:
Ant and Ant+ are for pairing with fitness devices like pedometers, heart rate monitors, and other such fitness monitors and tools. If you do not use these type of devices...simply disable the app...its just another way samsung is trying to appease all of their users and entice others to use their products. A very useful app if you are into staying fit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HalfDark

Sep 4, 2015
NO!!!,DONT USE THEM,THEY WILL TURN YOU INTO ANT(lol,jk,just feeding the trolls[emoji23] [emoji23] ) but anyways @geusseppe is right:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Not exactly, this is not entirely correct. It's more then just "pairing fitness devices". Please read OneCanuck's first reply for a better understanding on what it is. Thank you.

Reactions: Wired4Fun

notkbna

Jun 24, 2007
Just watched a video where apparently this so called "ANT" app is just a spy infiltrated in your phone. If installed, by remote access, camera/microphone can be activated even with the phone shut off.

?Everything

Aug 22, 2017
Where did you find this video? And, what Proves they have knowledge & truth on the subject. Just cuz its on the web dosent mean its true or real. Theres a LOT of sh*theads out there puttíng out Bad Information, some unwitingly, some are deviant jerks. Either way, the one who accepts this bad info is exploited & his/her problems are ábout to begin. Be suspicious my friend, trust nothing, verify everything.

Reactions: Ae7flux and amincom

Let'sDev

Nov 1, 2018
@Strephon Alkhalikoi, things stay on the internet for longer than 2 years and search engines find them.

If you want siloed forum threads, automatically lock them after 6 months of inactivity. But there's value in having all information and interaction in one place.

To ?Everything's point, notkbna never provided proof, and readers from the future will now have both warnings and be able to decide on their own.

To make my own contribution to the actual topic, ANT+ really isn't much more than "pairing fitness devices". Sure it can be used in things like remote controls and geocaching, but it's just a protocol for monitoring sensor data.

Reactions: Ae7flux and .tnm

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
@Strephon Alkhalikoi, things stay on the internet for longer than 2 years and search engines find them.

If you want siloed forum threads, automatically lock them after 6 months of inactivity. But there's value in having all information and interaction in one place.
And here you are, wasting time on a thread that ended three years ago. Neither you nor "Everything" bothered to look at the date of the last post, which means the only purpose of you two posting at all is to inflate your post counts. The only reason I knew this thread was resurrected from the dead is XDA Labs bringing it to the top of my Participated Threads window.

You're wasting both your time and mine by resurrecting this thread. The people who participated in it are unlikely to respond, and anything you may want to add is probably out of date.

Just like this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just watched a video where apparently this so called "ANT" app is just a spy infiltrated in your phone. If installed, by remote access, camera/microphone can be activated even with the phone shut off.
    Where did you find this video? And, what Proves they have knowledge & truth on the subject. Just cuz its on the web dosent mean its true or real. Theres a LOT of sh*theads out there puttíng out Bad Information, some unwitingly, some are deviant jerks. Either way, the one who accepts this bad info is exploited & his/her problems are ábout to begin. Be suspicious my friend, trust nothing, verify everything.

To ?Everything's point, notkbna never provided proof, and readers from the future will now have both warnings and be able to decide on their own.

To make my own contribution to the actual topic, ANT+ really isn't much more than "pairing fitness devices". Sure it can be used in things like remote controls and geocaching, but it's just a protocol for monitoring sensor data.