[Q] What's the best ROM for the blackstone?

Search This thread

playerxl

Mar 24, 2009
The Hague
I've seen a lot of roms developed in this forum. I've now the Energy Rom NLD. But I can't overclock my Touch HD with this ROM. So I'm looking for another ROM.. one that's stable, fast and can do many things (especially making pictures and video's in good quality)...

I hope someone can advise me a better ROM than the Energy Rom. Cause I've already seen that and I'm ready for something new....

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
The best ROM u can use is kwbr v 5.7 COM2 MANILA

Why?!

1. Because is with the Manila version and this make the whole interface super fast and stable.

2. Its 6.5 Based from COM2 witch is most stable bug free branch with super ram and battery consumation.

3. Because the ROM is tweaked and is even more faster and stable than a Stock ROM and this is Must have for EVERYDAY use if you want to enjoy your Blackstone.

4. You will never have any problem witch this ROM because just there is no SINGLE BUG :)

5. Our Blackstones are not made for 2.5 Sense or even 2.1 Sense because its to slow i play alot with HD2 and i know how the Sense must to look and response.. so maybe we never will catch the speed and the Sense to run on your Blackstones like is designed to be.. for this reason if you want to have a stable rom you just need TouchFLO Manila with core 6.5 this is the question WHY exactly this ROM.

Also if you prefer a 6.5.3 Based ROM there is exactly the same ROM v 5.7 COM3 Manila the diference is of the Branch Build i also test this ROM too and is super good but COM2 is the fastest and stable ONE till now no one beat it :)

Enjoy

Reactions: Malek_chaabane

Quolibet

Dec 22, 2010
I got this phone to since a little while.
At the moment I have W.M. 6.1 installed (standard Rom)

The kwbr v 5.7 COM2 MANILA looks good for as far as I know. But since this is my first W.M. advanced phone, I'm not sure if it's wise to do this 'upgrade'.

If something happens with my phone, what then? Because these ROM's are more like hacks or am I wrong?

Is the phone really getting faster for example? And do I need to install all kinds of extra if I install this kwbr v 5.7 COM2 MANILA ROM?

I read the sticky's etc about flashing ROM's, but since English isn't my main language and I'm not yet that technical in all these terms, I'm not sure if it's wise for me to install a different ROM.

(sorry for hijacking this thread, but since I'm also looking for the best ROM, I think it's appropiate to post this here)

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London

The kwbr v 5.7 COM2 MANILA looks good for as far as I know. But since this is my first W.M. advanced phone, I'm not sure if it's wise to do this 'upgrade'.

If something happens with my phone, what then? Because these ROM's are more like hacks or am I wrong?

Is the phone really getting faster for example? And do I need to install all kinds of extra if I install this kwbr v 5.7 COM2 MANILA ROM?

I read the sticky's etc about flashing ROM's, but since English isn't my main language and I'm not yet that technical in all these terms, I'm not sure if it's wise for me to install a different ROM.

(sorry for hijacking this thread, but since I'm also looking for the best ROM, I think it's appropiate to post this here)

Ofcourse 1st now u have WM 6.1 and he have ugly Start Menu and appireance etc and if you install 6.5 will see the diference..
the Cooked ROM`s are not Hacks they are build from the latest avalible apps xip and etc packages.. for example when there is new Update for the Rhodium or HD2 Leo because they both use the same resolution and etc the cookers get the latest updates from there and make them for our Blackstone..
So when you are flashing a new ROM cooked you are going to have the latest updates published from Microsoft and in some cases HTC

I think that worth to Flash a new ROM and experiment and if you read evrything carefull you cannot damage your device..
The honest is that WM 6.1 maybe is the fastes one because of the poor graphic and appiriance but some of the cooked rom are faster than 6.5 because they are Cooked and because some unusual stuffs are removed from the ROM.. so when you flash a Cooked ROM you get only the things that are writen in the ROM thread..
So to understand me clear a Stock Official 6.5 ROM for example for HD2 and Cooke 6.5 ROM for HD2 the cooked one will BEAT in many aspects..
They are tweaked... optimized.. updatet and etc!

So the only reason why they are Cooked and we call not official is because the Cookers are just guys from here.. if they was working for Microsoft or HTC they will be releasing Official ROM`s :)

BUCro

Dec 24, 2010
Zadar
hi!
first time here, and first time trying to do something different to my touch hd...
can someone direct me how to install w.m. 6.5 and EnergyzeROM?
step by step pls :)
tnx!!

Jaguarp

Apr 27, 2009
@playerxl
Did you upgrade radio? My Blackstone was overclocked to 750MHz on stock ROM (1.14) but when I flashed Barebone 2.6 (1.59) it couldn't go over 691MHz untill radio upgrade. Now it's stable at 729MHz.

Vanyatka

Oct 7, 2007
kwbr 5.7 Manila

Hi All
I can only agree with tsalta
kwbr 5.7 C2 Manila is the best ROM around for everyday use.
I have got my Blackstone from my uncle with this rom a year ago. Never had problems.
Last week I've experimented with some latest roms (Several Energy, and kwbrs with sense in them).
Sense is too slow/unresponsive on our machine. That was bugging me - since I know how fast it should be.

I'm coming back to No Sense ROM. Surely, I will miss the eye candy of Sense, and huge amount of quick links in Energy, but the performance and the battery life means more to me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The best ROM u can use is kwbr v 5.7 COM2 MANILA

Why?!

1. Because is with the Manila version and this make the whole interface super fast and stable.

2. Its 6.5 Based from COM2 witch is most stable bug free branch with super ram and battery consumation.

3. Because the ROM is tweaked and is even more faster and stable than a Stock ROM and this is Must have for EVERYDAY use if you want to enjoy your Blackstone.

4. You will never have any problem witch this ROM because just there is no SINGLE BUG :)

5. Our Blackstones are not made for 2.5 Sense or even 2.1 Sense because its to slow i play alot with HD2 and i know how the Sense must to look and response.. so maybe we never will catch the speed and the Sense to run on your Blackstones like is designed to be.. for this reason if you want to have a stable rom you just need TouchFLO Manila with core 6.5 this is the question WHY exactly this ROM.

Also if you prefer a 6.5.3 Based ROM there is exactly the same ROM v 5.7 COM3 Manila the diference is of the Branch Build i also test this ROM too and is super good but COM2 is the fastest and stable ONE till now no one beat it :)

Enjoy

Ofcourse 1st now u have WM 6.1 and he have ugly Start Menu and appireance etc and if you install 6.5 will see the diference..
    the Cooked ROM`s are not Hacks they are build from the latest avalible apps xip and etc packages.. for example when there is new Update for the Rhodium or HD2 Leo because they both use the same resolution and etc the cookers get the latest updates from there and make them for our Blackstone..
    So when you are flashing a new ROM cooked you are going to have the latest updates published from Microsoft and in some cases HTC

I think that worth to Flash a new ROM and experiment and if you read evrything carefull you cannot damage your device..
    The honest is that WM 6.1 maybe is the fastes one because of the poor graphic and appiriance but some of the cooked rom are faster than 6.5 because they are Cooked and because some unusual stuffs are removed from the ROM.. so when you flash a Cooked ROM you get only the things that are writen in the ROM thread..
    So to understand me clear a Stock Official 6.5 ROM for example for HD2 and Cooke 6.5 ROM for HD2 the cooked one will BEAT in many aspects..
    They are tweaked... optimized.. updatet and etc!

So the only reason why they are Cooked and we call not official is because the Cookers are just guys from here.. if they was working for Microsoft or HTC they will be releasing Official ROM`s :)