[Q] What's up with the 2.2.2 Recovery Image?

Search This thread

MidgetMob

Dec 27, 2014
Has anyone received any information as to why a recovery image for 2.2.2 was released but no OTAs have been uploaded?

I've tested out the image and it seems legit. The build number (29979_541.7190) seems to support my assumption that this build was legitimately made before 3.0, but the lack of an OTA seems very odd.

amartolos

Apr 12, 2013
Hm, I can't seem to flash it. The error I get is always that system.img exceeds free space or something like that. Did you also encounter this problem? If you've successfully installed it, how does performance compare to 2.2.1 as well as the pulled 3.0? Thanks in advance.

MidgetMob

Dec 27, 2014
Hm, I can't seem to flash it. The error I get is always that system.img exceeds free space or something like that. Did you also encounter this problem? If you've successfully installed it, how does performance compare to 2.2.1 as well as the pulled 3.0? Thanks in advance.

I was able to flash it although it seems to be worse than 3.0. Haven't had 2.2.1 in awhile so I won't try to compare it.

Someone in my DB thread mentioned that an NVidia rep said that 2.2.2 is the image that new tablets are shipping with. It seems to be pretty similar to 2.2.1 as it does contain Android 5.0.1. 2.2.2 does seem to be noticeably laggier than 3.0. Although your issue is interesting, I wouldn't bother with finding a solution as 2.2.2 isn't worth it IMO.