[Q] Where to d/l Eugene's No Brick Froyo

Search This thread

dpoliteski

May 23, 2006
Hi, I have searched high and low for Eugene's no brick froyo rom. Can't find it anywhere. Anyone have a link?

I need it as nothing is unbricking my Vibrant. The internal ram is still checksum fail, after I had used cwr to partition the memory, thinking it was for external sd.

I have used ODIN to re-flash stock... With re-partition checked and un-checked, no difference.

Trying to be calm :)

vapotrini

Dec 31, 2004
Hi, I have searched high and low for Eugene's no brick froyo rom. Can't find it anywhere. Anyone have a link?

I need it as nothing is unbricking my Vibrant. The internal ram is still checksum fail, after I had used cwr to partition the memory, thinking it was for external sd.

I have used ODIN to re-flash stock... With re-partition checked and un-checked, no difference.

Good luck, it should work. I was in your exact shoes last night and the only thing that did it was for me was this (Froyo that doesn't brick). Nothing else would unbrick my phone.

After flashing it, my phone would only boot into recovery. It wouldn't let me get into Froyo, not even sure if it's supposed to. Anyway, once it flashed and entered recovery, I simply rebooted and flashed back to stock and all was well.

dpoliteski

May 23, 2006
Good luck, it should work. I was in your exact shoes last night and the only thing that did it was for me was this (Froyo that doesn't brick). Nothing else would unbrick my phone.

After flashing it, my phone would only boot into recovery. It wouldn't let me get into Froyo, not even sure if it's supposed to. Anyway, once it flashed and entered recovery, I simply rebooted and flashed back to stock and all was well.

Yep, worked... Glad it worked for you too. I thought my $500 was out the toilet. Problem as a crash course expert hehe was finding everything that was needed as there were so many different forums where all the information was.

brockdiamond

Jan 17, 2011

I am, absurdly, in the same boat. I, too, thought I was reformatting my external SD. I followed the link above to Eugene's froyo that doesn't brick file and am installing the Android SDK as well. Am I to understand that once you flash Eugene373's "rom that doesn't brick" that it just remains in the recovery screen while I do an adb reboot from my PC? Sorry if this is a redundant question. I did read all of Eugene's post front to back several times.

My question that I really need answered is: How do I do an ADB reboot from my PC? I installed my drivers and android SDK, but can't seem to make it reboot from my cmd by typing "adb reboot"

brockdiamond

Jan 17, 2011
Nevermind ;-) I figured it out. I was just overthinking the problem. Instead of typing adb reboot, I just manually rebooted it and then reflashed stock 2.1 from ODIN and, "Voila!" My issue is fixed. What a serious pain in the ass. Not something I am likely to repeat in this lifetime. Thanks alot guys for your post and to Eugene373 for his genius "rom that doesn't brick."