[Q] Who to root thsis one: Caterpillar S50, framaroot fails

Search This thread

mongoled

Sep 15, 2015
Yes. Response was "wontfix" / "wehavenoideawhatisgoingonhere" type:

HTML:
Your feedback has been filed accordingly in the 'Class 10 SD Cards fault' category for future referrence.
Just a reminder of the recommended SD card type for you in case the matter is causing you grave inconvenience for which I am sorry:
The only Class 10 card that is proven to work for Android devices flawlessly so far:
64GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1
This is ideal for Android powered and other smartphones and tablets.

I can upload 32 GB of dummy files and "move app to sd" starts working immediately without even lifting phone off the desk.
Does not sound like mechanical issue.
Hi,

just to let you know,

Cat S50 could not provide an answer, just said they would relay my feedback to the relevant department.

More importantly, when I created a fat32 partition with 50GB (51200MB).

I can use the native app move tool to move apps to the FAT32 partition without an error message.

Cheers

Donald394

Sep 27, 2015
San jose
as I can install the zip?

as I can install the zip?
because I could not run the bootloader and install the recovery for zip installation.
you recommend I do?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

hello everybody!

i am currently with the LTE 019 and i want to update to 023 but my phone is rooted so the update fail at reboot

I want to try tu update with adb sideload

So i am searching for the ZIP file around 23.6Mo! i think i have found it at the path :
/cache

the filename is : _FUMO and its size is 23.56 Mo say me ROOTBROWSER but it's not a ZIP file

Some one can confirm my idea? and how to use it?

Thank you, with work we can do it

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

guys! look this for for the complete rom update-LTE_S0201121.0_S50_0.023.00-user.zip

the source is here :

How i can install the zip?
Because i try to install the zip but i dont have the recovery mode in my phone.
What can i do for this?
Thanks

cosmozona

Nov 15, 2012
Have no other phone to make a picture of the hatch, but, yes, it is the same pattern as yours - possible three lugs are missing.

It would be nice if u could post a picture of your SD/SIM card door/flap as I have requested.

Would like 2 find out from other Cat S50 users if they have the 'lugs' attached to the door/flap or not.

I saw your solution but it was not what I was asking for, just for peeps to post some pics.

My SD/SIM card sits flush no problem it "closes", just does not hold tightly.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: mr_mask
Nov 14, 2014
Potsdam
Hi mr_mask, did you mean xposed framework? You need no cwm recovery for that, just a rooted device and the xposed installer. Then install the gravitybox plug in and have fun ?

Reactions: mr_mask
RootGenius success but after Factory reset phone is Bricked

Hy everyone.

I have Bricked my S50. I used RootGenius to root my phone. It succeeded and all was fine. Afterwards I installed Xposedframework and DSBattery app. At first everything looked ok. In the evening I started to charge my phone, but nothing happend. It showd me, that it is charging, but in 3 h it was still on 1 %. I uninstalled DSBattery and other framework apps. Did a factory reset and cant get past boot screen anymore. Also I can not enter recovery. Before I had to push power on and click vol up for a short while, then the phone would vibrate and recovery screen would appear. Now i feel it vibrating, but screen only shows CAT boot screen.
Can someone plz help me out :silly: ?
PS: I apologize, if this is not the right topic to post it.

bbkr

Jun 8, 2014
Hmm, I'm still a total noob. Can u provide a link to this fastboot tool ? :D

It's part of android platform tools.

For example on Mac OS you can install it from brew:
Code:
brew install android-platform-tools

On Debian-ish linux (Ubuntu, Mint, ...) you can install it from included repositories:
Code:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot

Terminal skills are required.
Your phone may already be switching to fastboot. If not - turn off the phone, press volume down and power at the same time, release power after 2 seconds while still keeping volume down, release volume down after 10 seconds (I'm not sure if it was volume down or torch button).
Check if your device can be seen by fastboot by invoking:
Code:
fastboot devices

Code:

On Debian-ish linux (Ubuntu, Mint, ...) you can install it from included repositories:
Code:

Your phone may already be switching to fastboot. If not - turn off the phone, press volume down and power at the same time, release power after 2 seconds while still keeping volume down, release volume down after 10 seconds (I'm not sure if it was volume down or torch button).
Code:
fastboot devices

Hey,

I use windows 7 64bit

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Hey,

So I downloaded and Installed "minimal_adb_fastboot" from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
When I launch it and type "Fastbood devices" it does not show any devices. Could it be, that I have wrong drivers on my pc? When I push vol down and connect my phone it shows me that Im missing QHUSB_BULK driver ?
Whats funny to me is, that when I just power on my phone and connect it to pc, then my pc finds my phone and lets me poke around internal sd and external sd. From what I remember from when I bricked my oled Samsung S3, then it did not show up at all. Could this be a good sign ? :D

Code:

Code:

Code:
fastboot devices

Hey,

So i have gotten things so far, as when I type "Fastboot Device" then I get "Waiting for Device" and nothing happens. I let it wait for about 30 min, but still nothing. Any suggestions ?

bbkr

Jun 8, 2014
I use windows 7 64bit

AFAIK windows required some additional USB drivers, make sure you have them (I cannot point you to the specific file because I don't use Windows).

When rebooting into fastboot device should be visible almost instantly.
Unfortunately every phone has different sequence to enter fastboot, I'm not sure about instructions I posted above (they work for B15Q but this is different chipset).
I always go to fastboot from ADB, but this way is not possible in your case.
Try various buttons combinations and phone should finally appear under fastboot devices.

Last edited:

mzecher

Jun 24, 2010
Temuco
In-call volume

After trying many modifications to mixer_paths.xml, I'm still getting ridiculously low volume during calls. Sometimes it is ok, occasionally even loud, but most calls through the speaker are so low, I can barely understand the conversation.

I already set:
Code:
<ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="93" />
<ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="93" />
<ctl name="RX3 Digital Volume" value="93" />
<ctl name="RX4 Digital Volume" value="93" />
I also played with other settings without luck.

I would really appreciate some help with this, thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By the way: I've checked by sniffing traffic that phone uses RedBend software for OTA - https://ota.redbend.com. Fortunately (for phone owners) traffic is encrypted so I found no way to inject CID to get updates faster.

I also found CRT file in RedBend.apk. Let's see if WireShark will be happy with it :)
    hello guys ....
    i will try all solution for update v19 to v23 but i got error every time
    the link to v23 zip is dead... someone can send me a good link for that please ? PLEAAAAASE :p
    sorry for my bad English i'm french guys

http://bbkr.org/firmware_v23.zip - V23 firmware that was downloaded from pda.ru forum (thanks guys!).
    Just sharing my experiences with this phone, hoping it help others from hours of frustration.

Was on 019 version of the system, tried switching to ART runtime. Phone was stuck on boot with the loading bar for hours. Tried resetting using power on + volume up as described in manual, but no luck. Spent quite some time reading every post in this thread, and finally found a solution.

Getting into recovery
    Finally found this PDF earlier in this thread mentioning how to get into the stock recovery, by first powering off the device, then pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN + MIDDLE BUTTON, and then attaching the phone to a PC or a power supply (both worked). Phone vibrates and enter recovery mode. Release keys when loaded. From there, I could do a factory reset and the phone was back on Dalvik and started up fine again.

Getting into ADB
    Phone defaults as a media device (mtp) with no adb. Go to Settings -> Storage -> three vertical squares-menu upper right -> USB Computer connection and select Camera (PTP) mode. ADB will now work.

Installing new software on rooted device
    Tried installing 023 OTA, but no luck, since it was rooted using KingRoot. The log said it failed due to wrong checksum on /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. Tried copying the install-recovery-ku.bak file over the original file, but got permission denied, even though being root.

Installed ADB drivers from "15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.2" (windows 8.1 pro), and followed the instructions in howto_driver.zip for manually selecting the Google driver for the device. Then set the phone Then booted the phone into recovery using adb reboot recovery, though the button method would have worked too. Booted into recovery and selected the menu for sideloading a file from ADB.

Sideloaded the 023 zip from earlier in this thread using adb sideload update-LTE_S0201121.0_S50_0.023.00-user. Sideloading worked perfectly, and after the reboot, the system spent a few minutes optimizing all the apps for the new system. Lost root in the process, but no nagging about wrong checksum on install-recovery.sh. Rooted successfully using KingRoot afterwards.
    Cat s50 root

Hi,
    Whenever you insert a micro SD card in the device, the device the same complains or can not connect to download images, videos, music ...
    The device we complains micro sd card but can not do anything with it. From the Play Store I downloaded the app "ES File Explorer". When transferring the images from internal memory to micro sd card, notice was that it must be the root device.
    How to root the device, have you anything to it?
    Guys can you please help me, my CatS50 is not turning on, its just detected by the pc, also does someone can please send me the firmware for it, ive been looking for it and it seems impossible to find it