[Q] Who to root thsis one: Caterpillar S50, framaroot fails

Search This thread

bbkr

Jun 8, 2014
Anyone knows how legit the following link is: androidlp5.com/androidfw_1816.html

Those are scam sites. Do not download, do not install.
The ONLY known and working ROM is stock KitKat 4.4.2.

the sd-card kept turning up notifications about either being corrupt or unexpectedly removed.
Some days I keep putting in the sim-code during the day (three-four times) hours apart.
And it keeps randomly telling me to make sure I close all the lids, while it isn't connected to anything.

First two issues suggests some mechanical problems with SIM/SD slot contacts.
Third issue is related. There are no sensors in port covers, so warning may be just fired when SIM/SD card looses contact and phone thinks port was opened.
Such issues were never reported before AFAIK.

Which ROM version do you have?
I upgraded to V23, rooted the phone, tweaked it up a lot and now it rocks.

siedrosat

Aug 9, 2015
Firmware cat s50 into Mann Zug 5s

Hi, i want upload the cat firmware into mann zug 5s. The hardware is the same.
Can you help me?
I need the firmware complete to upload. Where I can download it?

Thanks a lot.

gingembre confit

May 5, 2016
Those are scam sites. Do not download, do not install.
The ONLY known and working ROM is stock KitKat 4.4.2.
Which ROM version do you have?
I upgraded to V23, rooted the phone, tweaked it up a lot and now it rocks.

Hi!
I think I may have bricked the phone :
I unrooted it to send it to manufacturer, but after that I decided to change Dalvik to ART....
the device doesn't start anymore, is stuck at the CAT logo with the process almost run, according to the status bar.
I can't go to the alternate boot modes, but when I start in FEL mode (device off, then vol. down and USB plug) it is considered by windows like a SD medium with 22 partitions.
I'd like to put a working distribution, I think I need an image, can you or Sone provide me with it?
thanks

siedrosat

Aug 9, 2015
Hi,

When i try to upload i have this error "Verification Signature Failed "

Can you help to sign the file zip?

bbkr

Jun 8, 2014
Orange CAT S50!

I love this phone but it has bad grip due to slippery plastic trim, SD/SIM port cover is falling out and it looks boring. So I've decided to PlastiDip it!

thumb_P1060987_1024.jpg thumb_P1060975_1024.jpg

"Orange blaze" PlastiDip (4 thin and 2 thick layers), PlastiDip glossifier (1 thick layer).
Plastics were sand-papered (600 grit) to matt, original paint was not completely removed.
Also I've decided to permanently seal SD/SIM port cover with cyanoacrylate glue.

baggiesberea

Jun 20, 2016
I have a Build - Lte_S021121.0_S50_0.023.00

I need roms to try fix this fone.does not want to dial out or recieve calls and on system update it says no updates.Can anyone please help me

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pilot35i

Jun 10, 2015
Hi,
I crashed my S50 with the build.prob :D
After that, i flashed the LTE_S0201121.0_S50_0.023.00
... Now i cant Charge the phone with Qi :(

Is there a Problem with Qi in the 23. Version?
Or can/must i activate the Qi function?

Can anyone post an older Rom plz?

Is the Hack=1 entry in Recoverymenu normal? I think it is the result of root...?
hack1 also does not go away when I wipe the phone & sideload the LTE***23*** ROM, but root is removed.

Gesendet von meinem S50 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Donald394

Sep 27, 2015
San jose
I can not update my phone to V.23, the system I download the update, restart the device but the cell remains frozen on the screen is white and says CAT (power by android).
I can not restore factory and enter the recovery mode that I have the same problem.
somebody help me

Pilot35i

Jun 10, 2015
Power down the phone, Plug in a usb cable, press and hold vol down and cam Button, then plug in the other side of the cable in a power source like usb-Port.
The phone should Boot in recovery.

Gesendet von meinem S50 mit Tapatalk

High Flow

Sep 27, 2016
Hello, Can somebody update me on the best way to root the sd card on my Cat S50? I have tried oneclickroot.com but it didn't recognize the phone (debugging mode activated).
many thanks
max

High Flow

Sep 27, 2016
Thanks that helped a lot.
Deutschl geht natürlich auch!
Beeing a complete noob i didn't find kingroot for quite a while. Searched Google play and places like that before i figured out that it wouldn't be there.

Nuxon_22

Aug 6, 2015
Guys can you please help me, my CatS50 is not turning on, its just detected by the pc, also does someone can please send me the firmware for it, ive been looking for it and it seems impossible to find it

Reactions: Pilot35i

Nuxon_22

Aug 6, 2015
Guys, can someone please make a dump of the phone, i need it because the official firmware doesnt have the required files for qfil

kakadk

Mar 14, 2017
My phone bricked. It just start when i hold volume down and camera button then plug to PC. But when i plug to charger, its not turn on anymore :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By the way: I've checked by sniffing traffic that phone uses RedBend software for OTA - https://ota.redbend.com. Fortunately (for phone owners) traffic is encrypted so I found no way to inject CID to get updates faster.

I also found CRT file in RedBend.apk. Let's see if WireShark will be happy with it :)
    hello guys ....
    i will try all solution for update v19 to v23 but i got error every time
    the link to v23 zip is dead... someone can send me a good link for that please ? PLEAAAAASE :p
    sorry for my bad English i'm french guys

http://bbkr.org/firmware_v23.zip - V23 firmware that was downloaded from pda.ru forum (thanks guys!).
    Just sharing my experiences with this phone, hoping it help others from hours of frustration.

Was on 019 version of the system, tried switching to ART runtime. Phone was stuck on boot with the loading bar for hours. Tried resetting using power on + volume up as described in manual, but no luck. Spent quite some time reading every post in this thread, and finally found a solution.

Getting into recovery
    Finally found this PDF earlier in this thread mentioning how to get into the stock recovery, by first powering off the device, then pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN + MIDDLE BUTTON, and then attaching the phone to a PC or a power supply (both worked). Phone vibrates and enter recovery mode. Release keys when loaded. From there, I could do a factory reset and the phone was back on Dalvik and started up fine again.

Getting into ADB
    Phone defaults as a media device (mtp) with no adb. Go to Settings -> Storage -> three vertical squares-menu upper right -> USB Computer connection and select Camera (PTP) mode. ADB will now work.

Installing new software on rooted device
    Tried installing 023 OTA, but no luck, since it was rooted using KingRoot. The log said it failed due to wrong checksum on /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. Tried copying the install-recovery-ku.bak file over the original file, but got permission denied, even though being root.

Installed ADB drivers from "15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.2" (windows 8.1 pro), and followed the instructions in howto_driver.zip for manually selecting the Google driver for the device. Then set the phone Then booted the phone into recovery using adb reboot recovery, though the button method would have worked too. Booted into recovery and selected the menu for sideloading a file from ADB.

Sideloaded the 023 zip from earlier in this thread using adb sideload update-LTE_S0201121.0_S50_0.023.00-user. Sideloading worked perfectly, and after the reboot, the system spent a few minutes optimizing all the apps for the new system. Lost root in the process, but no nagging about wrong checksum on install-recovery.sh. Rooted successfully using KingRoot afterwards.
    Cat s50 root

Hi,
    Whenever you insert a micro SD card in the device, the device the same complains or can not connect to download images, videos, music ...
    The device we complains micro sd card but can not do anything with it. From the Play Store I downloaded the app "ES File Explorer". When transferring the images from internal memory to micro sd card, notice was that it must be the root device.
    How to root the device, have you anything to it?
    Guys can you please help me, my CatS50 is not turning on, its just detected by the pc, also does someone can please send me the firmware for it, ive been looking for it and it seems impossible to find it