[Q] Why I can't import .tsk.xml files in Tasker?

Search This thread
May 9, 2013
I'm trying to import a task in tasker, the task is a simple test and I've just generated it with tasker itself.

I own a non-rooted Nexus 7 and I really can't find a reason why I can't import an xml task.
When I try to import from emulated/legacy or sdcard/ (with ASTRO) I get an error that file can't be moved: "Failed to move import to my SD directory", if I try to import from emulated/0/ "The import is now accessible from my UI". Obviusly I can't find the task imported.

With the Tasker importer, I simply can't see the files in the directories, this is even more strange.

Anyone can help me with this issue? Notice that I'm a programmer so I have some knowledge, but seems mostly a tasker bug, or a permission issue, but I don't have a rooted Nexus 7.

Reactions: sajalsh25

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
if I try to import from emulated/0/ "The import is now accessible from my UI". Obviusly I can't find the task imported

Click on the profiles or tasks or scenes or vars button & then select import then when you see the file you want click it & it will turn up in the folder, note is there is nothing in the folder when you select it try the next one until you find it.

Hope this helps.... if so click that thanks button:thumbup:

sent via Tapatalk 2 with my super modded SGS3 which is pimped out with Foxhnd rising v2.5

May 9, 2013
if I try to import from emulated/0/ "The import is now accessible from my UI". Obviusly I can't find the task imported

Click on the profiles or tasks or scenes or vars button & then select import then when you see the file you want click it & it will turn up in the folder, note is there is nothing in the folder when you select it try the next one until you find it.

Hope this helps.... if so click that thanks button:thumbup:

sent via Tapatalk 2 with my super modded SGS3 which is pimped out with Foxhnd rising v2.5

Nope, as I've said, all folders are empty (in tasker).

Last edited:

lopez1_de

Jun 14, 2007
Same problem here on Nexus 4. Any solution? Searched the web and didn't find a solution yet. Even if I export a profile or something, I can't find it on the sdcard.

Last edited:
May 9, 2013
Same problem here on Nexus 4. Any solution? Searched the web and didn't find a solution yet. Even if I export a profile or something, I can't find it on the sdcard.

I have found the solution and it's terrible for me, I mean, the solution is ok, what I discovered made me feel really stupid however.
If you keep pressing the project and then import, it will import ONLY project files.

To import a task, you must long-tap the TASKS tab (yea the button used to switch to tasks tab), and you can import from there...

78Staff

Sep 26, 2007
Cosmo, Fl
Nope, as I've said, all folders are empty (in tasker).

Same here, the xml files exist, I can see them with file manager tools, but not using the tasker import command...strange. And, I know this worked before, as I've used this before for downloaded xmls...

Just downloaded an xml and it doesn't see it either, so something is definitely wonky... :(

Last edited:

emagin

Sep 3, 2012
Really weird behavior.

Tasker 4.1u3m

I dumped a bunch of .prj.xml | .tsk.xml | prf.xml files into storage/sdcard0/tasker folder
Click HOME | Import | <- (back arrow to go up one level)
I see only Battery.prj.xml (one project file), but none of the other files I put in there (all on same level)
I can verify the many files (14) are there from USB storage mode | Silm File Manager | ES File Explorer

Click-Hold Tasks | Import | <-
I can see all the Tasks .xml files!
What the heck, this is not usual behavior.

Ghostnyc

Dec 31, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Really weird behavior.

Tasker 4.1u3m

I dumped a bunch of .prj.xml | .tsk.xml | prf.xml files into storage/sdcard0/tasker folder
I see only Battery.prj.xml (one project file), but none of the other files I put in there (all on same level)
I can verify the many files (14) are there from USB storage mode | Silm File Manager | ES File Explorer

I was just searching for the answer to the exact same problem. I went back to the Tasker developers site and tried this,

"ensure that Menu / Prefs / UI / Beginner Mode is unchecked"

I can now see the xml files I downloaded and I can now see options to import.

David91DC

Aug 19, 2012
Rome
Thanks dude, now it works greatly.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

soulja11c

Apr 18, 2012
Garland
Lifesaver

I have found the solution and it's terrible for me, I mean, the solution is ok, what I discovered made me feel really stupid however.
If you keep pressing the project and then import, it will import ONLY project files.

To import a task, you must long-tap the TASKS tab (yea the button used to switch to tasks tab), and you can import from there...

I could debase myself in any number of ways for you....been searching for how to do this off and on for months. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

Reactions: sajalsh25

carolschwab

Dec 8, 2012
cant import profiles

Hey, guys, I'm having the same issue here. I have a nexus 4, original rom with kitkat.
Already imported in the past several profiles. After I reinstalled tasker I can't import a single profile, although I do have a profile folder.
What I've already done:
- erased the profiles folder and created a new one.
- reinstalled tasker
- tryed both in the beginner and advanced mode
- reset all settings of the android (total despair)

What else should I do?

Tks!!!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

OH, it's also happening with tasks. I have the tasks folder, but can't import tasks either. It's happening for about 14 days now.

Tks again.

molier

Dec 26, 2013
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Change the source

I'm trying to import a task in tasker, the task is a simple test and I've just generated it with tasker itself.

I own a non-rooted Nexus 7 and I really can't find a reason why I can't import an xml task.
When I try to import from emulated/legacy or sdcard/ (with ASTRO) I get an error that file can't be moved: "Failed to move import to my SD directory", if I try to import from emulated/0/ "The import is now accessible from my UI". Obviusly I can't find the task imported.

With the Tasker importer, I simply can't see the files in the directories, this is even more strange.

Anyone can help me with this issue? Notice that I'm a programmer so I have some knowledge, but seems mostly a tasker bug, or a permission issue, but I don't have a rooted Nexus 7.

1 download the tsk.xml file.
2 open it and inside it change cl=AppIcon to cl=Img
3 Go into Tasker and go into the relevant tab (in this case tasks) press the tab name again and press import.
4 Browse to your file and open it.
5 done!

Last edited:

sajalsh25

Sep 20, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com
You are a genius

i have found the solution and it's terrible for me, i mean, the solution is ok, what i discovered made me feel really stupid however.
If you keep pressing the project and then import, it will import only project files.

To import a task, you must long-tap the tasks tab (yea the button used to switch to tasks tab), and you can import from there...

thanks mate*!*
problem solved this is the answer*! ♥‿♥

Reactions: EuBir

Full House

Hello and thank you very much for the solution I spent all night for this same problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Really weird behavior.

Tasker 4.1u3m

I was just searching for the answer to the exact same problem. I went back to the Tasker developers site and tried this,

"ensure that Menu / Prefs / UI / Beginner Mode is unchecked"

I can now see the xml files I downloaded and I can now see options to import.

Lifesaver

I could debase myself in any number of ways for you....been searching for how to do this off and on for months. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!
    You are a genius

i have found the solution and it's terrible for me, i mean, the solution is ok, what i discovered made me feel really stupid however.
    If you keep pressing the project and then import, it will import only project files.

To import a task, you must long-tap the tasks tab (yea the button used to switch to tasks tab), and you can import from there...

thanks mate*!*
    problem solved this is the answer*! ♥‿♥