[Q] Wi-Fi problem on CyanogenMod 10.1

Search This thread

madboxgr

Jan 3, 2011
Are you s-on? Did you tried to Flash the boot image through fastboot ?

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

madboxgr

Jan 3, 2011
How can I see if I'm in s-on mode? I just flashed the img from fastbook but wifi do not works :/

Turn Off your device then press volume down and power to boot into fastboot mode. On the top of the screen with green letters read if it says s-on or s-off. Also can u try Kylons kernel?

justoneweek

Jan 10, 2013
Turn Off your device then press volume down and power to boot into fastboot mode. On the top of the screen with green letters read if it says s-on or s-off. Also can u try Kylons kernel?

Ok, I'm s-on.. but I don't have any kernel.. where can I find kernel?

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

justoneweek

Jan 10, 2013
had seaceue

in the latest 19th CM 10, the kernel in packed in the rom.
So you can just try to reflash the ROM. ^_^

I did reflash the ROM three times but wi-fi do not works :/

What I did is:

1- Flash the rom
2- Flash the gaps

I tried also:

1- Flash the boot image (was inside the zip of the rom)
2- Flash the rom
3- Flash the gaps

But nothing ://

madboxgr

Jan 3, 2011
First of all sorry for late answer. The steps since you are s-on are:
1)Flash the Rom
2)Flash gapps package
3)Flash the boot . img from Rom via fastboot.
If you wanna try different kernel search the dev section for Kylons cm kernel

Reactions: babak3201

Kitke

Feb 3, 2013
Lublin
1)Flash the Rom
2)Flash gapps package

+1 That's the right order (at least it worked for me :)).

thou92

Aug 2, 2013
+1 That's the right order (at least it worked for me :)).

Hi :)

i have the same problem and i am happy to see that you have a solution!
can you give me more explication a "how to"

1)Flash the Rom => ok
2)Flash gapps package => ok
3)Flash the boot . img from Rom via fastboot. => never do that :(

thank you

justoneweek

Jan 10, 2013
Hi :)

i have the same problem and i am happy to see that you have a solution!
can you give me more explication a "how to"

1)Flash the Rom => ok
2)Flash gapps package => ok
3)Flash the boot . img from Rom via fastboot. => never do that :(

thank you

For me this solution works! look for 'Flash boot image via fastboot' on internet and you will find a guide ;)

Mr. Fabulous

Aug 18, 2013
Same issue here... I was trying to flash: [ROM][08 AUG 13][4.2.2][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 (the 8-8-2013 build)

I wiped "data/factory-reset" + "cache" + "dalvik" and flashed the rom. Then I also flashed the boot.img using fastboot.
This all, while my phone was:
*** UNLOCKED ***
SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
RADIO-3822.10.50.24_M
eMMC-boot
Aug 22 2011,15:22:13

ROM booted very well, and everything seemed fine... Except for the Wifi, it did not work. It was able to see my network, but when I wanted to connect, there was something going wrong during verification and the connection was aborted somehow... Also connection to provider internet (G, 3G, H) was not working...

So I figured it might be my "original" radio shizzle... So after some very exciting moments of clicking dead links half way some guides :confused:, I managed to have my radio updated and also used revolutionary to get the S-OFF stuff... also updated my hboot somewhere in this process...
So now I have my phone like this:

*** RELOCKED ***
SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF RL
HBOOT-2.00.2002 (PG8810000)
RADIO-3831.19.00.110
eMMC-boot
Aug 12 2011,20:40:03

Since I liked the 4ext recovery, I flashed that first. (Even though Revolutionary also flashed a recovery (Clockworkmod??))...
But after I wiped cache ("data/factory-reset" + "cache" + "dalvik") and flashed the ROM the wifi still didn't work. I didn't flash the boot.img since it was booting fine... After first boot, I also went back to the recovery and flashed the gapps. But after reboot, still wifi was not working...

Now I understood that for a "RELOCKED" device flashing the boot via fastboot is not working, since you're relocked... But I don't know if that's true, and I did not try it yet...

Now I'm back at the ROM I had before ([ROM][23 OCT 12] Ice Cream Saga FINAL [4.0.4][Sense 3.6]), which works fine except it gives me 100% CPU load now and then... which drains my battery and makes the phone so slow I feel the need to throw it very hard into a wall... :silly:
To flash this ROM, I wiped cache ("data/factory-reset" + "cache" + "dalvik") and flashed the ROM. I did not flash boot.img via fastboot. And to my surprise it booted right away too...

Does anyone know what to do to fix the wifi?
Please give me a hint on where I went wrong...

Thanks!!

ltodorov

Same issue here... I was trying to flash: [ROM][08 AUG 13][4.2.2][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 (the 8-8-2013 build)

I wiped "data/factory-reset" + "cache" + "dalvik" and flashed the rom. Then I also flashed the boot.img using fastboot.
*** UNLOCKED ***
SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
RADIO-3822.10.50.24_M
eMMC-boot

ROM booted very well, and everything seemed fine... Except for the Wifi, it did not work. It was able to see my network, but when I wanted to connect, there was something going wrong during verification and the connection was aborted somehow... Also connection to provider internet (G, 3G, H) was not working...

So I figured it might be my "original" radio shizzle... So after some very exciting moments of clicking dead links half way some guides :confused:, I managed to have my radio updated and also used revolutionary to get the S-OFF stuff... also updated my hboot somewhere in this process...

*** RELOCKED ***
SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF RL
RADIO-3831.19.00.110
eMMC-boot

Since I liked the 4ext recovery, I flashed that first. (Even though Revolutionary also flashed a recovery (Clockworkmod??))...
But after I wiped cache ("data/factory-reset" + "cache" + "dalvik") and flashed the ROM the wifi still didn't work. I didn't flash the boot.img since it was booting fine... After first boot, I also went back to the recovery and flashed the gapps. But after reboot, still wifi was not working...

Now I understood that for a "RELOCKED" device flashing the boot via fastboot is not working, since you're relocked... But I don't know if that's true, and I did not try it yet...

Now I'm back at the ROM I had before ([ROM][23 OCT 12] Ice Cream Saga FINAL [4.0.4][Sense 3.6]), which works fine except it gives me 100% CPU load now and then... which drains my battery and makes the phone so slow I feel the need to throw it very hard into a wall... :silly:
To flash this ROM, I wiped cache ("data/factory-reset" + "cache" + "dalvik") and flashed the ROM. I did not flash boot.img via fastboot. And to my surprise it booted right away too...

Thanks!!

Can you try with Format everything except SD card and then flash the ROM? I've read that sometimes you can try to format twice in a row. If you are S-OFF you don't need to flash the boot with fastboot command.

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mr. Fabulous

skorpionvenom

Aug 15, 2011
Cambridge, Massachusetts

*** UNLOCKED ***
SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0002
RADIO-3822.10.50.24_M
eMMC-boot

*** RELOCKED ***
SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF RL
RADIO-3831.19.00.110
eMMC-boot

Thanks!!

I have to say that it is a quite strange situation... why don't you try to flash Kylon's kernel ? that might do the trick...
P.S. my device is S-OFF and *****LOCKED****, and I have no problems at all.

Reactions: Mr. Fabulous

Mr. Fabulous

Aug 18, 2013
I have to say that it is a quite strange situation... why don't you try to flash Kylon's kernel ? that might do the trick...

Thanks guys, for your replies.

I did the "format except SD card" a few times and flashed the rom and the gapps (without booting in between) and rebooted.
Still no G/3G/H and no Wifi.
GSM was working though, I could ring my phone......

Then I tried to flash this kernel: [ROM][07 JUL][4.2.2][OFFICIAL] PAC-man v23.0.0 - The AIO Rom | Built From Source !
And guess what.... No Wifi again...

Also tried this one: [ROM][16-08-13][Flinny] Andromadus - CM10.1 - Saga [25b3]

All no working Wifi... The "verification" goes wrong and does not succeed... So then I tried to get the Wifi working by selecting static IP address..... and guess what?! It worked!!!!! For a minute or so.... I was able to connect to my google account and downloaded half an update of one of the apps... but then it stopped and I couldn't get it working again... All this time the provider internet (G/3G/H) was not working.

So I flashed [ROM][23 OCT 12] Ice Cream Saga FINAL [4.0.4][Sense 3.6]) again... And Wifi was fine... provider internet (G/3G/H) is fine too....

So anyone have a clue?? I definitely don't.
What could cause the CM10 ROMs are not working, while the CM9 ROMs are? What could be the cause?

Next attempt is to flash "Kylon's kernel". We'll see... :fingers-crossed:

Mr. Fabulous

Aug 18, 2013
Its working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, for your replies.
Next attempt is to flash "Kylon's kernel". We'll see... :fingers-crossed:

So I did...
But first I tried this one: [ROM][22 AUG] SagaSation Rom v2.0 | JB | 4.2.2 | Official |.... again no Wifi!

So then I flashed this one again: [ROM][08 AUG 13][4.2.2][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 and right away (no reboot in recovery) flashed Kylon's kernel: [KERNEL]AndromadusMod [CM10.1][27/07/2013] and after that I flashed Gapps.

And guess what..... No Wifi....
Suddenly I noticed how the provider internet was working.... which was a new feature for CyanogenMod 10.1 roms on my phone!!!

So I checked Wifi settings again and saw how I got a "Authentication failure"... also different.... Searched google for it and found that this was a known failure for android phones... solved by changing the settings of the router... changed router from WPA/WPA2 mixed blablabla to WPA2-Personal and BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM wifi was working fine............

I don't know what happened or what I did to fix it.... but it's working!! :victory:

Thanks for the support!!!!

Masterleo117

Dec 5, 2013
Thanks man u saved me!!!!!!!!!!

Thank u very much Mr. Fabulous!!
I did followed your steps and BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM all working fine!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1)Flash the Rom
    2)Flash gapps package

*** UNLOCKED ***
    SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.00.0002
    RADIO-3822.10.50.24_M
    eMMC-boot

*** RELOCKED ***
    SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF RL
    RADIO-3831.19.00.110
    eMMC-boot

Thanks!!

Can you try with Format everything except SD card and then flash the ROM? I've read that sometimes you can try to format twice in a row. If you are S-OFF you don't need to flash the boot with fastboot command.

Sent from my Desire S using xda app-developers app

*** UNLOCKED ***
    SAGA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.00.0002
    RADIO-3822.10.50.24_M
    eMMC-boot

*** RELOCKED ***
    SAGA PVT ENG S-OFF RL
    RADIO-3831.19.00.110
    eMMC-boot

Thanks!!