[Q] Wifi Help!!!!!

Search This thread

dacunto

Oct 30, 2010
Update

If some of you do go back to the Microsoft store, please tell me how well your exchange goes. My feeling is that since there are so few Venue Pros out there it might be hard to make an exchange at this time...

I'm hoping that since this phone will get all the support it needs since it's going to be widely adopted by business users.

So I went to the Microsoft store here in Denver CO. They told me that Dell accidentally sent engineering models to them and thats why they were having issues with the wifi. Apparently this is a known issue with the Microsoft stores.

They were great customer service wise and swapped out my Venue Pro for an HD7 which is really awesome too.

Se4nH4x

Oct 24, 2010
So I went to the Microsoft store here in Denver CO. They told me that Dell accidentally sent engineering models to them and thats why they were having issues with the wifi. Apparently this is a known issue with the Microsoft stores.

They were great customer service wise and swapped out my Venue Pro for an HD7 which is really awesome too.

Lmao...Arc made that observation in his unboxing video (regarding the battery).

AND THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BUY THE FIRST SHIPMENTS GUYS LOLZ!!!!

Dell will have this resolved come time they sell it on Monday.

Arcarsenal

Lmao...Arc made that observation in his unboxing video (regarding the battery).

AND THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T BUY THE FIRST SHIPMENTS GUYS LOLZ!!!!

Dell will have this resolved come time they sell it on Monday.

Yup - I kinda figured this was the case. Good to see some semi official confirmation. I don't want an HD7, so I'll hold off until Dell makes this right (hopefully by giving me a retail 16GB model in exchange for this unit)

dacunto

Oct 30, 2010
well lesson learned. but i am happy with my HD7 and its connected to my protected wifi. :) Good luck to all you Venue pro users, I am off to the HD7 forum.

richlee111

Mar 12, 2010

Thanks for the info! That makes sense, as the battery my phone came with says "Engineering sample".

Hmmmm....I wonder if these will become collectors items someday:p

tziegmann

Jun 20, 2008
Hey everyone,

I talked to my local Microsoft Store, and here's what they told me.

- There was in fact a mistake in these phones getting shipped to the stores
- New phones have been shipped and should arrive by the end of the week
- The stores are contacting affected customers to arrange for a phone swap
- Microsoft will be giving affected customers a 1-year Zune Pass as well

So far, this only applies to Dell Venue Pros purchased through the Microsoft Store. If you got yours another way, you'll have to contact Dell. I spoke with Dell this evening and they are aware of the issues.

-Tom

Arcarsenal

Great news, thanks for checking in for us Tom. Did you happen to ask about the new shipment having 16GB of storage? I wonder if the retail packaging is any different. Maybe even including a small case or something? The stuff included in the box was a bit sparse, for a "pro" phone. Even the Nexus One and Touch Pro 2 had a little case!

Anyway, thanks again for checking. :)

Hey everyone,

I talked to my local Microsoft Store, and here's what they told me.

- There was in fact a mistake in these phones getting shipped to the stores
- New phones have been shipped and should arrive by the end of the week
- The stores are contacting affected customers to arrange for a phone swap
- Microsoft will be giving affected customers a 1-year Zune Pass as well

So far, this only applies to Dell Venue Pros purchased through the Microsoft Store. If you got yours another way, you'll have to contact Dell. I spoke with Dell this evening and they are aware of the issues.

-Tom

tziegmann

Jun 20, 2008
All I was told was what I've posted. I don't think that the retail packaging is going to be any different, plus, there isn't anything on the box to indicate that the hardware are engineering samples.

I'd love to see some accessories for this phone. My guess is that we'll se esomething next week when Dell launches the phone on their website.

richlee111

Mar 12, 2010
thanks tom for the info! even if we are just getting a 1 yr zune pass, microsoft is making it right.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App