[Q] Wiimote Controller on Tab?

Search This thread

dykefish

Nov 26, 2010
Please forgive my ignorance, I'm completely new to the Android world. Has anyone been able to root a tab to allow Wii controller access?

Searched multiple forums but could not find a definitive answer.

Thanks!

utrx

Jul 19, 2007
I confirm also that it doesn't work. I've tried 2 different wii controller apps. And my galaxy is rooted. It just won't sync.

gbrandwood

Jul 19, 2009
One of the developers of one of the apps says it's to do with TouchWiz. Sounds more likely to be a software issue than a hardware blutooth issue, which means it could be fixed or hacked :) Hope!

Broo

Jan 19, 2007
similar issues on my T-Mobile tablet; I tried to connect a Wii controller to my tab and the wiimote app keeps telling me to enable bluetooth.

dykefish

Nov 26, 2010
im hoping they patch this im looking forward to using it for gaming

Me to, with a hdmi out cable and a couple of wii controllers. The tab could be a neat little mini mobile gaming system. Hopefully with 2.3 or 3.0 we'll get that support. But then again I don't even know if the hardware can support a wiimote.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using XDA App

tekomni

Mar 23, 2010
Any news on this? I was really hoping to play mario on my galaxy tab? : (

Anyone know of any other controller for android?

Lucky_Charms

Jul 11, 2010
Yes, I believe you are right about the bluetooth stack. I think our most likely option right now is to wait for the cyanogen roms to be completed for our tabs.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

agentdr8

Mar 4, 2007
Cowtown, CA
I poked around with the Wiimote and the Tab last night and it looks like L2CAP support is needed in the kernel before this will work. I haven't built a kernel for an android device yet, so I'll leave it to the chefs to build it in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Keychars- bravo-keypad.kcm.bin
    Qwerty.kcm.bin
    Qwerty2.kcm.bin

Keylayout- AVRCP.kl
    Bravo-keypad.kl
    H2w_headset.kl
    Qwerty.kl

Hope this helps? And to the people curious, it has nothing to do with hardware and everything to do with software. On my htc desire I couldnt connect either because of the sense ui... But after flashing some stock firmware, wiimote works perfect.. Wonder if cm7 on the galaxy tab would allow a connection? It works perfect on my desire? Would love to use a wiimote and nunchuck for mario64 lol

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
    Both Samsung and HTC phones with sense have missing Bluetooth drivers to enable wii motes, I contacted Samsung and they told me that the drivers were excluded from the devices because they were causing problems with touch wiz, that is most likely the same for HTC sense devices. As far as the way the rep was explaining is that the drivers do not exist, so in theory someone would have to create them or take the drivers from a compatable device and put them in the right place on devices that are missing them. Or alter the drivers that are already on the devices. I wish the wiimote worked, I use it on my moto charm and it makes the game so much more enjoyable being able to have accurate controls.