[Q] Wildfire S Update 2.3.5??

victorharsh

Nov 1, 2011
2.3.5 RUU ROM-tested

hi,

I am using 2.3.5 RUU rom last 20 Days, this ROM or you can say 2.3.5 updates working smooth, but i found lots of bugs and issues in GUI, Function(Wifi/Networks),Camera also, Battery information, Force Close Application Issue and Sense 2.1 have slow response sometimes in some conditions.

buggy system:D:D:D

bugsome

May 19, 2011
That'll never happen i think.. :D
This is what i got from HTC

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns.

To clarify your issue, you stated that: You want ROM upgrade in Android 2.3.5 Ginger Bread for HTC Wildfire S.

In this regard we would like to intimate you that our goal is to give every customer the best possible experience on every phone. Every HTC phone is a combination of a unique HTC hardware and software experience and a core operating system. We only update our phones if it will provide an overall improved user experience as we balance features, performance and usability. HTC devices are country specific. We don’t have any information that when Android 2.3.5 will be available in India, once ROM will available you can find it from following link: http://www.htc.com/in

Last edited:

JCreations

Aug 7, 2007
Somehow i can't update my gf's WFS. It keeps giving an error when it tries to install.

Did anybody else got the error "variant system version" on their stock/unbranded/unrooted phone?

I know i can install with the RUU, but i dont want to go through all the hassle in backing-up all her info...

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Somehow i can't update my gf's WFS. It keeps giving an error when it tries to install.

Did anybody else got the error "variant system version" on their stock/unbranded/unrooted phone?

I know i can install with the RUU, but i dont want to go through all the hassle in backing-up all her info...
reseting the phone to factory default fixed this problem.

insink71

Nov 9, 2010
Greenville, SC
teamblueridge.org
new update

Ok so I am behind in the game. I just got the story on my weekly news update for Wildfire S. What it did not tell me is what phone models will be getting it. Yes, A510a and A510e can flash the European RUU, but if a A510c phone tries to flash that, we'd be sunk. So, I went back to my stock [but rooted] nandroid and checked... no updates yet [other than the security one that came shortly after the phone was released]... Now my questions: Do I have to do anything like unroot or lock back up the bootloader or anything to receive FOTA updates (should they come out for the A510c)? and Does anyone [other than HTC] know if the update is coming for A510c [for sure]? We're on 2.3.4; so, it would be a little improvement. Anyone can hack in a 3.0 lockscreen; so, the sense thing appears not be a huge deal [true 3.0 would be cool though]. Thanks for your time. If you don't know, it's ok... got an email in to HTC [although they never like to give me definitive, straight-up answers, I'm sure they could tell me if it will be offered for the marvelc].

Rob

PS post I read

PSS I posted this to the wrong thread first... doh!

samgotit

Jul 13, 2011
Hyderabad
For those of the indians here who need confirmation on whether 2.3.5 will be available in india..
I got my notification 2 days back and I updated it..

Phone model: Wildfire S A510e
Android version: 2.3.5
HTC sense version: 2.1
Software number: 2.13.720.1
Kernel: 2.6.35.10
HBoot version: 0.90.0000
Radio: 7.53.39.03M

Updates that I've noticed:
1. New lock screen(with 4 shortcut icons which can be accessed even if the screen is locked, new message notification, new call answer or decline option and a ring at the bottom of the screen unlike the bar which had to be dragged down)
2. New "lock screen" option under Settings>Personalize
3. New power saver notification
4. More memory available(previously I had about 20MB, not I've got 54MB with the same apps that I've got before)
5. eBuddy XMS app(new and unable to un-install)
6. Battery seems to be running a little longer than before(previously about 12 hrs with about 3 hrs of talktime, about 50SMS, and loads of emails and facebook and watsapp texting. now about 15-16 hrs with the same usage)
7. Performance is also much better than before(not getting stuck after screen unlock or after a call, transition effects are smoother)
8. new andriod market.

Still waiting for S-Off though..!!

Hope this info helps..:D

Reactions: khanrizwan

ecselite

Apr 3, 2010
For those of the indians here who need confirmation on whether 2.3.5 will be available in india..

1. New lock screen(with 4 shortcut icons which can be accessed even if the screen is locked, new message notification, new call answer or decline option and a ring at the bottom of the screen unlike the bar which had to be dragged down)
4. More memory available(previously I had about 20MB, not I've got 54MB with the same apps that I've got before)
6. Battery seems to be running a little longer than before(previously about 12 hrs with about 3 hrs of talktime, about 50SMS, and loads of emails and facebook and watsapp texting. now about 15-16 hrs with the same usage)
7. Performance is also much better than before(not getting stuck after screen unlock or after a call, transition effects are smoother)
8. new andriod market.

Thank you...
I am waiting for update. in Turkey.

friendly12345

Jan 13, 2012
Is there anybody can update to 2.3.5 with the WildFire S (S-off, rooted)?
my device have downloaded the update package. but every time I select install. And the phone is stuck.

Thanks for any advice.
Yuan Chen

rudie_techie

Jan 21, 2011
Mumbai
I got myself into some serious trouble... I tried flashing multiple RUU in the past and now i have virgin rom sitting on my WFS. I wanted to unlock the bootloader and tried the RUU provided for the India and it gave me error 131. I have a goldcard this time, now i get error 140. Damn i somehow updated the hboot now it still sits on Android GB 2.3.3 and doesn't allow me to change the rom and/or hboot. Is there any solution for this?
Specs :

Android : 2.3.3
Sense : 2.1
Software number : 1.37.351.1
Build number : 1.37.351.1 CL49952 release-keys
Baseband : 47.23a.35.3035H_7.53.39.03M
Hboot : 0.90.0000
Still S-ON

Any thoughts? Thanks

Last edited:

khanrizwan

Jan 17, 2012
Thanks!! that was quite helpful summary of changes, I just verified all in the upgrade. My HTC Widfire S got upgraded to 2.13.707.2 a while back and I was amazed with the optimized performance. Due to internal storage issues I was looking to root mine even in warranty.. but luckily got it while checking for software update. Kudos HTC!!!

Last edited:

khanrizwan

Jan 17, 2012
Coolio!

8. new andriod market.

Thanks!! that was quite helpful summary of changes, I just verified all in the upgrade. My HTC Widfire S got upgraded to 2.13.707.2 a while back and I was amazed with the optimized performance. Due to internal storage issues I was looking to root mine even in warranty.. but luckily got it while checking for software update. Kudos HTC!!!

MrTaco505

Jan 16, 2012
Dallas
Just check for software updates in setting/about phone/HTC software updates/check now.

If it says it up to date, the update is not ready for your country YET.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium