[Q] Windows Mass Storage Issue

Search This thread

dakjones

Oct 2, 2012
Hello,

I am going mad here. I have been having issues getting my GS3 to show up as a storage device in windows 7 and windows 8 (2 different machines). Ive tried everything. Uninstall / reinstall multiple different drivers, Samsung Kies, different cables, 3 different machines, Toggle USB debugging / developer options. I even tried some test i found for the phones physical port. As far as i can tell, its okay.

Here's what it does: Plug it in and it begins to charge, no sounds and no USB notifications and of course it does not show up in windows. The kicker: My wife's phone is the same model purchased at the same time, both rooted and both running the same rom and its working perfectly on all three machines, with the same cables and on the same ports. I even went through the setting and they are both configured the same way.

My thought now is that the port is somehow bad but why would it charge if that were the case?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
I too have the same issue, bu reverse in our case. My wife's hardly used phone is not connecting as drive, though it charges. I am using a wireless app to transfer files to n fro, and that's a painfully slow process.