[Q]Work around for Samsung Pay with tripped KNOX?

Search This thread

just_parker

Jun 24, 2015
Will this be possible? I was wondering if providing the apk files would help since I got accepted into the beta program but I tripped knox without knowing that Samsung Pay is going to be disabled.

Both apks are in the zip. The framework is what activates Samsung Pay.

Where were these files located on your device? I'm trying to debug it, but I'm having trouble finding the original location of the apk.

Edit: I have reason to believe that Samsung Pay will work once the beta is over, and that as long as the device is not CURRENTLY rooted, it will work. Let me check with some people, and I'll be back with an update by Monday ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: maxlax1592

goobyjr9

Feb 1, 2011
Where were these files located on your device? I'm trying to debug it, but I'm having trouble finding the original location of the apk.

Edit: I have reason to believe that Samsung Pay will work once the beta is over, and that as long as the device is not CURRENTLY rooted, it will work. Let me check with some people, and I'll be back with an update by Monday ;)

Well first of all my device is rooted WITH KNOX tripped. That's how I was able to access the apk files.

CAP3r5

Jul 19, 2012

Parker, now that beta is over, is what you believe true? I am considering going back to straight stock if it will work with Samsung Pay but I just don't want to go through that if my tripped knox will prevent me from using Samsung Pay... Thanks!

BlackMeat_420

Jan 15, 2016
I know this a little late but i have confirmed that samsung pay does not work with a tripped KNOX even if on stock rom and stock kernel. I am not even rooted and I don't have a custom recovery installed but it still didn't work.

GuarDiShar

Jan 31, 2016
I know this a little late but i have confirmed that samsung pay does not work with a tripped KNOX even if on stock rom and stock kernel. I am not even rooted and I don't have a custom recovery installed but it still didn't work.

Yeah neither will the fingerprint scanner for logging into certain banking apps that have the fingerprint option.

Once you have rooted your device, it will be damaged irreversibly.

It's more satisfying to keep root, install a custom rom and xposed and rootcloak.

Samsung pay will not work anyways "i think" but at least the banking apps will work 100%!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bump for this. I will love whoever does this forever
    Will this be possible? I was wondering if providing the apk files would help since I got accepted into the beta program but I tripped knox without knowing that Samsung Pay is going to be disabled.

Both apks are in the zip. The framework is what activates Samsung Pay.