• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] would you buy it now?

would you buy it now

• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
I have a chance to purchase a new in box TF101 and keyboard dock for less than $300.
I currently have an SGS3 on JB and a touchpad running ICS. The touchpad runs fine, 2 day battery life and does pretty much everything i want, i'm just wondering if this transformer would be a good upgrade.

just lou

Dec 8, 2010
New York
IMO, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on any Tegra 2 device. Tegra 2 is getting very old, and Tegra 4 devices are coming out. My TF is still a capable device, but the technology is old.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

frederuco

Feb 27, 2012
I love my TF101 and dock, but for $300, I would not spend the money. You can get a 32 GB Nexus 7 (quad core) for $250.

Heck, a used/refurb TF300 isnt much more than $300 if you look for some deals.

frederuco

Feb 27, 2012
Is that with the keyboard dock as well?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

I just looked, November 21 woot.com had the TF300T 16 GB with dock for 305 shipped.

It is not around every day for that price, but if you are patient and keep looking, you should be able to find the keyboard and tablet for 300-400.

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
I just looked, November 21 woot.com had the TF300T 16 GB with dock for 305 shipped.

It is not around every day for that price, but if you are patient and keep looking, you should be able to find the keyboard and tablet for 300-400.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate the help!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

MessyMarv

Dec 30, 2012
300 is a bit steep in my books too but then again I have 2 that i am fighting with family to get time on them. before EOS4 rom there was no fight but thanks too all them briliant minds working on that rom I am looking for another one as well. mainly cause I cant convince the boss that Im worth 500 to 600 for a new device lol.

SO.... im sure i would pop out 250 if i could find one with a dock :)

Pennycake

Nov 20, 2012
Rupert
Would do perhaps for $225 +/- 25 if I wanted a 10" tablet and definitely wanted the dock and was on a budget. If you want a 7" tablet and/or don't care about the dock, there are other options to consider.

It also depends on what you want to do with it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

grgmre

Feb 16, 2012
Tacoma
300 is a bit steep in my books too but then again I have 2 that i am fighting with family to get time on them. before EOS4 rom there was no fight but thanks too all them briliant minds working on that rom I am looking for another one as well. mainly cause I cant convince the boss that Im worth 500 to 600 for a new device lol.

SO.... im sure i would pop out 250 if i could find one with a dock :)

Mind.... timduru deserves the full credit for the work on that rom right now. With that said, he's close to the only guy working from a development level on this tablet right now so I feel the days are numbered on this hardware platform.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

MessyMarv

Dec 30, 2012
Mind.... timduru deserves the full credit for the work on that rom right now. With that said, he's close to the only guy working from a development level on this tablet right now so I feel the days are numbered on this hardware platform.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

That is sooo true! Timduru has brought the EOS4 rom to a very stable state. From my point of veiw there are only 2 very minor issues that most wouldnt even notice. other than those every thing just works and smoothly too.

You can see all the hours of work Timduru has put in and he has improvements rolling out almost daily :good:

**edit** should say its EOS4 with KAT kernal that are running so well

Last edited:

cnlson

Jun 15, 2010
Thanks to everyone for the info, i've decided to pass, if you are a sams club member and in sioux falls, sd it was $260 last i checked (their number if you want to try and have them ship it 605-362-0119) go right ahead it was there on saturday.

I did manage to pick up a tf700 return from them for $217 w/o the dock, but my wife has made that off limits as it will be a graduation present for her middle child so i'm sticking to my touchpad on 4.04 for now.