Could you please clarify following for me please (I have a pretty similar situation):
1. how long did you wait for 9006 device after flashing 8974_msimage.mbn ?
2. did you have a line green after flashing of 8974_msimage.mbn ? or it just ran quickly to a middle and device became disconnected ?
3. did you have a USB string in MSMTool after 8974_msimage.mbn flashing, or it looks different for you ?
Actually I tried hardware XP with no luck, but probably I waiting not enough after 8974_msimage.mbn...
Could you also take a look at my problem description here:
Can you say - how similar my problem to your one ?
Thank you in advance!
Glad to hear about your progress with unbricking ! )
1. In the VM, a few minutes with no activity. On the real install of XP, about 3 seconds before 9006 showed up. It did prompt me to install a driver for it. I just pointed it at the same folder I used for 9008 (in Qualcomm 2012 driver: fre/XP-Vista) and it installed right away.
2. I don't think there was a green line after 8974_msimage.mbn, it just flashed and stopped.
3. It did look different (from the rest of the lines) after 8974_msimage.mbn. I have no idea what it said.
I should have mentioned it in my last post, but after 9006 mode showed up, I did have to hit Stop in the tool and then start it again. It didn't try to flash 8974_msimage.mbn again, it just picked up where it left off and completed. Are you using the "Qualcomm 2012" drivers?
Read your post from the OnePlus forum. Do you never get 8974_msimage.mbn to complete? Even in the VM, that file always would flash for me. It was getting past that where I had trouble.