• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

malteschulz13

Dec 6, 2011
Mannheim
The current XDA Android app isn't optimized for Android tablets or Android 4.0 for that matter. Maybe this this thread could get the ball rolling on both of those things.

Last edited:

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
There's already a thread about the xda app, so you should comment in there. It's a sticky thread in this very forum.

Also, the xda app isn't made by xda developers.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

malteschulz13

Dec 6, 2011
Mannheim
I noticed those aspects after I posted too. I guess I should reserched a bit more before posting. Can a Mod please delete this thread.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
I found an apk for Tapatalk HD in the Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum, which is what I'm guessing the xda developers tablet app will be based on.

Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1409432

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk HD
Thanks for the link. I downloaded it and tried it. I've only got the 7" tab, but it's running ICS at 160dpi, so it knows it's a tablet (gmail runs in tablet mode, for example). I can't see a single thing different from the current Tapatalk app. Seriously, can you see any difference at all?

malteschulz13

Dec 6, 2011
Mannheim
Ya, I was pretty disappointed with the app as well. The only difference I see is the action bar on top, and no more menu button next to the on screen multitasking button.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk HD

cordell507

Mar 15, 2011
nat
i think that xda should put something on the main page asking that if developers want to they can start a collaborative project to creat one independent XDA app. Just think about how amazing a xda app would be due to the amazing developers here, and a tablet version is also due, the current version wont even run on my transformer prime.

Reactions: malteschulz13

malteschulz13

Dec 6, 2011
Mannheim
i think that xda should put something on the main page asking that if developers want to they can start a collaborative project to creat one independent XDA app. Just think about how amazing a xda app would be due to the amazing developers here, and a tablet version is also due, the current version wont even run on my transformer prime.
+1, that's a great idea.

cordell507

Mar 15, 2011
nat
would anybody be interested in making a next post in the about xda forum and then submitting it to to portal, I'm not very good at wording things.