• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] XOOM keyboard laggy in Browser

Search This thread

bradandroid

Mar 29, 2011
No matter what I do the keyboard in the browser takes forever to type, tried Thumb keyboard, stock keyboard, Logitech Blutooth keyboard. On every website I try, Facebook, Google Images, XDA, anyone else wtih this issue?

ZanshinG1

Apr 21, 2009
San Diego
wahtod.org
No matter what I do the keyboard in the browser takes forever to type, tried Thumb keyboard, stock keyboard, Logitech Blutooth keyboard. On every website I try, Facebook, Google Images, XDA, anyone else wtih this issue?

This is a well-known issue, caused by sites with a ****ton of javascript.

It got a bit better for me in 3.2, but it's still there.

I keep hoping webapp developers will smarten up and reduce the javascript for mobile and tablets.

qsg001

Dec 12, 2010
I had the same problem. In another thread someone mentioned that they thought about going to a static IP since the Xoom was constantly acquiring a dhcp address. They thought that was the reason for the lag on anything network. I went into the AT&T U-Verse modem that I use for WIFI at my house and modified the dhcp for my Xoom's MAC address. I set the dhcp to dedicate the IP address that I was currently using on my Xoom. As soon as I did that, my network speed was great with no keyboard lags.

You might want to give that a try and see if it helps.