[Q] Xoom running tiamat 1.4 disconnecting from Wifi and market issues

Search This thread

DeeJayCruiser

Jan 9, 2011
Hey all not sure what the root problem of this issue is but basically im runnign tiamat 1.4 honeycomb 3.1 and the xoom itself works ok but i constantly have issues with my wifi (home router). The xoom will connect and everything will be ok, then out of nowhere it will gray out my wifi (even though my wifi router is still working and i can verify this because my laptop can still connect to the internet no problems).

Also, when I try to download stuff from android market it takes forever for the installation to actually show up on my task bar, and sometimes it just hibernates at "downloading" and can take some time till it actually downloads the app or updates.

Any ideas? What could be the problem. My wifi settings are set to "never turn off" and i bought the xoom from amazon in the USA but am using it in the UAE.

Thanks all

davidsos

Apr 6, 2011
Try using the new Tiamat ROM 1.1 which includes the 1.4.5 Kernel. it is very good. I think Motorola should hire Team Tiamat to do their Xoom development, it's amazing how well they do without the advantage of having HC source code. Motorola should be embarrassed.