• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] [Xperia E] CM9 on xperia e?

Search This thread

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
I was thinking: would cm9 be a good idea on this phone?

Stock jb roms are slow and laggy, even when they're optimized. Cm10 is buttery smooth, but has the deadly GSM bug. CM11 is... well, we don't know yet. In the worst case scenario, cm11 may never be fully fixed, just like cm10.
Finally we got our stock ics rom: xboost. Xboost is fast and all, no network loss. But it still got certain bugs: no sound, app crash, camera screwed that mysteriously occur out of nowhere.
So I thought: Xboost is the fastest rom available for xperia e. Cm9 will be even lighter and faster. Cm will be faster than stock. We could finally have a fully working cm rom! In fact, it might be so fast that it feels like a nexus 4/5/6/7/8/9/10. Like a core i7 16 gb ram pc with windows xp installed.

Any thoughts on making a cm9 rom for our devices?

EDIT: OK so i found out the "mysterious bugs" in xboost is caused by GLTools. Dont install GLTools and the rom is bugless. Still, it'd be nice to see stable CM.

Sent from my Xperia E dual using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Sid_Sun

Apr 29, 2014
Moscow
Yes,CM9 will be fast but you can try Zues kernel v3.1.1 or v3.1.2 they are overclocked up to 1.8Ghz but the mega is having some problem now so you can try it later when they silver the problem

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
There is no point in making all the CM versions.I think that all the devs and people like us have to just start and make one CM the best without any bugs or just a few.(that are not important)

We are not going to make all the CM versions. The "one CM the best without any bugs" could be CM9, don't you think?

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Yes,CM9 will be fast but you can try Zues kernel v3.1.1 or v3.1.2 they are overclocked up to 1.8Ghz but the mega is having some problem now so you can try it later when they silver the problem

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I already tried flashing Zues, along with other performance boost mod. It does help, but still not as fast as Cyanogenmod. Believe me, CM9 for Xperia E will be revolutionary.

MrGKanev

Oct 17, 2013
Ruse
www.mrgkanev.eu
We are not going to make all the CM versions. The "one CM the best without any bugs" could be CM9, don't you think?

Personaly i think that if people could fix the problem with the GSM big bug.There is a problem with the developer options when the mobile is connected to the computer but it isn't that bad.We don't need to restore old ROMs we need to fix the newer ones.(I have experience with computer OS and the newer (in most cases) version you put and install the things you need is the better.

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Personaly i think that if people could fix the problem with the GSM big bug.There is a problem with the developer options when the mobile is connected to the computer but it isn't that bad.We don't need to restore old ROMs we need to fix the newer ones.(I have experience with computer OS and the newer (in most cases) version you put and install the things you need is the better.

Easier said than done. It's been almost a year and no fix to the GSM problem. CM10 has been like that ever since. Like I said, in the worst case scenario, CM9 might be our only hope.
It would be nice to see CM10 fixed though.
I have a dream, that one day there'll be a fully working Cyanogenmod rom for our devices.

Last edited:

Sid_Sun

Apr 29, 2014
Moscow
Do you know today whole day my device was not functioning nothing was working then I flashed 11.A.0.68 firmware and then it is working super fast with it do not flash Xboost base and it will work without any error but it is not rooted I will find something to root it as soon as possible

Sent from my C1605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: doperthancoke

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Right. So lesson learned: Forget about Xboost, just flash ics ftf.
The CM dream is still there though.
Maybe we should make another stock ics based rom, this one tried keep it as clean as possible (no mod, no zipalign, no tweak, no nothing. Just debloat, root and maybe deodex). Just to make sure there are
no problems.
Sent from my C1604 using XDA Free mobile app

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
Cm9 would be smooth as BUTTER.
About google now,there is a flashable zip regarding this.
As far as I know,
pico has both cm9 and cm11
Highly stable.
Cm9 is you know,butter.
Cm11 develops lag after some time. :)
Would be great if we had cm9

Reactions: doperthancoke

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Thumbs up for you! This issue need to be brought to light! For a future of smoothness for our devices! I wish i could help, but I'm no dev:(

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
By the way, did anyone have any problem with xboost? I ran into quite a lot of trouble with it.

Last edited:

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
Right. So lesson learned: Forget about Xboost, just flash ics ftf.
The CM dream is still there though.
Maybe we should make another stock ics based rom, this one tried keep it as clean as possible (no mod, no zipalign, no tweak, no nothing. Just debloat, root and maybe deodex). Just to make sure there are
no problems.
There WAS one. Until Mats got away...

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Wow:D:D:D First time i see someone build a ROM with only a lock screen change from base
#respect
PS: i thought CM lockscreen looks like AOSP?

"Look" not "Lock". And it's not just the lockscreen. It's a rom with AOSP messaging, calculator, calendar, browser, music, camera, themed framework-res, themed dialer, blah blah blah... I'm just sick of the stock xperia look :p:p:p:p:p

UltraGamerHD

Aug 15, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Stock jb roms are slow and laggy, even when they're optimized. Cm10 is buttery smooth, but has the deadly GSM bug. CM11 is... well, we don't know yet. In the worst case scenario, cm11 may never be fully fixed, just like cm10.
Finally we got our stock ics rom: xboost. Xboost is fast and all, no network loss. But it still got certain bugs: no sound, app crash, camera screwed that mysteriously occur out of nowhere.
So I thought: Xboost is the fastest rom available for xperia e. Cm9 will be even lighter and faster. Cm will be faster than stock. We could finally have a fully working cm rom! In fact, it might be so fast that it feels like a nexus 4/5/6/7/8/9/10. Like a core i7 16 gb ram pc with windows xp installed.

I'm compiling CM9 as I speak :p

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
A little off-topic, but do u think it's possible to port PA 3.x with cm9 as base?
And, no one will ever install a 32-bit OS on a rig with 8gb ram :p only 3gb will be usable then

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is no point in making all the CM versions.I think that all the devs and people like us have to just start and make one CM the best without any bugs or just a few.(that are not important)
    Do you know today whole day my device was not functioning nothing was working then I flashed 11.A.0.68 firmware and then it is working super fast with it do not flash Xboost base and it will work without any error but it is not rooted I will find something to root it as soon as possible

Sent from my C1605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Cm9 would be smooth as BUTTER.
    About google now,there is a flashable zip regarding this.
    As far as I know,
    pico has both cm9 and cm11
    Highly stable.
    Cm9 is you know,butter.
    Cm11 develops lag after some time. :)
    Would be great if we had cm9

CM9+OC+Performance Governor+Greenify.
    Very fast. Kinda ugly though[Not a big fan of pure android ui :p]