• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Search This thread

richteralan

Aug 3, 2010
Hong Kong
i had same problem, i checked thought all was good forgot until my warranty ran out then realized it 2 days past my warranty :( and btw the screen protector removal idea kinda worked but still a tint in places :( not happy !!!!
You have a 90-day warranty?

That doesn't sound right...usually it's 1 year. Which country you are in?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Ok, bottom line, how can I check if my phone is AAAB or ABAB or whatever ? Where does this label stand ? I need to enter some code on the phone or on the box/device ?

I have sent mine last week for a replacement because those bottom 3 LEDs were bad, left one had yellow/green tint and other two (middle and right) were normal, white/purple.

I really dont get that Sony philosophy, Samsung and HTC are killing every Android manufacturer and they make the phone with too much faulty parts, and hardware parts, great way to promote Sony without Ericsson and attract new buyers to spend their money.

The big white label is inside the back cover.

The four-letter code is just below "LT26i" and above manufacturing date.

damirbusic

Apr 7, 2010
Ok, tnx, I will check it ass soon as I get my replacement because they told me that they will not repair those LEDs on the bottom and it was only 1 day old when I returned it.

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
yo guys can you check your XPS and tell me are there any backlights for the bottom of the screen?

i just checked mine with a white Background and i dont seem to see any for the bottom part. I see backlights for top left and right. I also notice a few blacked out lights on the right hand side.

if the bottom part doesnt have backlights then that explains why the bottom of the screen is a bit yellow gradient?

bikutaa

May 3, 2012
just received my 2nd replacement phone (from O2)

AAAC CB5 Touch Firmware Version 7
12W10.. ..

unfortunately..

also the phone battery was completely dead,
so dead, that even when I plugged it in the charger the on button
didn't even activate the battery charging icon screen..

only after about 10 minutes on charger was that able to appear,

does anyone know when the battery charge lost has gone that far, does it permanently damage the battery ??

(oh well, another few days of intensive testing ahead.. ..)

Yakandu

Apr 9, 2011
Bilbao
Hi, i have a question, i sended my phone to SAT and as i see here some of you can track the repair, how do you do that? (i sended the phone to Pixmania and they sended to SAT) is there any link or any way to see that info?

damirbusic

Apr 7, 2010
Got replacement today, ABAC version, screen has no yellow spots for now and I have noticed that this one has a lot better and "whiter" white, last one had a lot of yellow in it. I hope that this would be my last and perfect Xperia S.

Sharaz22

Mar 7, 2011
Latest news i think sony are sending out replacement because my status has changed to unit exchanged - awaiting testing and imei out has changed hope they send it quickly.

dariomario

Apr 26, 2012
mine says the same, and I told them to send me the old one faulty as it is if they cannot repair it this week, hopefully we will get a fresh batch, without poroblems

dariomario

Apr 26, 2012
Someone called in the morning from sony confirming me that they have received a limited number of replacements and that I in the happy few that will get the replacement phone. Only one issue, mine was a White model when i sent them the phone and they only have Black models as replacements... WTF? Is this SONY or SUNNY???? I can't believe all this ****....

slyevo

Jul 2, 2010
Repair

Latest news i think sony are sending out replacement because my status has changed to unit exchanged - awaiting testing and imei out has changed hope they send it quickly.

Just checked the status of my repair & i have noticed that the imei out is different than the one i sent in?
Does anyone know what service they use to return the phone (curious as it says complete awaiting collection despatch)

Vitucastro

May 12, 2012
Okay, I'm sick of the yellowish screen gradients and the unresponsive capacitive buttons! So I'm sending it back to the seller and taking the HTC one X! :D

Shame on Sony!

amal94

Mar 8, 2012
Derby
Someone called in the morning from sony confirming me that they have received a limited number of replacements and that I in the happy few that will get the replacement phone. Only one issue, mine was a White model when i sent them the phone and they only have Black models as replacements... WTF? Is this SONY or SUNNY???? I can't believe all this ****....

Same here, I just told em I'll wait for the white ones to arrive :(

slyevo

Jul 2, 2010
Repair

SO, Sony are replacing phones & not screens. I have confirmed this with the repair status being repaired awaiting collection for return & the imei being different!!!
Sony have really done me a favour as i purchased my phone from ebay and was worried after reading reports of some phones being blocked after purchasing from ebay users (Replacement scams)
Yeah, GO SONY!!!

Daniel_GB

Jul 30, 2010
Noshahr,IR
OK, I bought the device today...
Its AB & 12W15...no sign of tint yet...

I have a limited test time,so can you guys tell me what is the fastest way to temp up phone?how do you check the temp? Cpu temp or batt?

Efe64

Mar 14, 2012
Brussel
Sony Xperia 1
^
Heat it up so much as you can.
Throw it in the oven :D Sure it will work :D

You can try stres test, i dont know how its called, just type stres at google play.

It will not appear in just minutes..

It took for me like 3 weeks..

So good luck and have fun with your device!

Just reply very amd and angry, it mostly work.

Say that this is bull sh!t.

I mean.. seriously wtf?

You buy an white car.. Because the car is faulty.. As repair you got an black car..

Wtf?¿¿¿¿

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I'm writing this info to help as asked by "alsaqr", very nice guy. :)

I bought the Rogers's version. I do not have the yellow tint problem. Here's the following information on the device.

The number is 6 for Touch Firmware
    The letters above the 12W14 are ABAE

I hope this helps. :)
    Good Job SONY!

Batch ACAC 12W22, Anyone else got this ? Hows your screen ?

All AC doesn't have yellow tint/screen issue. I can confirm it because I have ACAG, my phone is 3 weeks old and I'm playing HD games like MC3, N.O.V.A. 3, Sahdowgun etc.. to the point that my phone reaches (I think the hottest temperature) but no yellow tint/spots/screen issues. :good: thumbs up for SONY!
    Thanks , I have touch firmware number 6 , so i dont have to worry as you say. thanks again.

No problem glad to help you! You can hit thanks :)

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    And what about ACAE 12W23 , in black ?

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    Just wanted to let people in the US know that Global Mobiles have phones in stock through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HHOEKG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Those should be the new batch.