• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] XXUBMJ7 and Knox

Search This thread

Kjempekjell

Oct 9, 2011
I just realized to late that Samsung Knox came along with the latest firmware XXUBMJ7.... :(
Now, most of my apps doesnt work, I can not turn of Knox, and can not root to remove it through for example Titanium Backup.

I even tried to roll back to XXUAMJ1, but it didnt work.

Suggestions?

jimsiv

Mar 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A51
I just realized to late that Samsung Knox came along with the latest firmware XXUBMJ7.... :(
Now, most of my apps doesnt work, I can not turn of Knox, and can not root to remove it through for example Titanium Backup.

I even tried to roll back to XXUAMJ1, but it didnt work.

Suggestions?

Yeah me too....and my Knox counter now is 0x1 because I tried to flash XXUAMJ1...I assume yours too!! :(

Kjempekjell

Oct 9, 2011
Probably, but I dont care about void or warranty. Just want it to work like it used to....
Not even Shazam works, or other simple apps. :mad:

Kjempekjell

Oct 9, 2011
try with twrp, mount /system go to advanced and file manager, go tot system/app delete knox crap and then wipe data cache and voila

I tried to reinstall/flash the twrp, but it is so hard to get into the recovery mode byholding home and volume up. Tried alsmost ten times now
and all that happens is that it boots normally... Crap phone! :mad:

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
That is very weird, I flashed my phone at least 15 times by now and never had an issue.

Kjempekjell

Oct 9, 2011
When should I hold down volume up and home button?
When Odin says PASS? When the screen goes black? When vibrate starts? When vibrate ends?

The procedure is as:
1.Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip" to your device SD card.
2.Turn off the phone.
3.Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
4.Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
5.Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
6.Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
7.After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
restart, and hold the home + up when the phone boots. I usually keep them presed from the moment I hit restart

btnetro

Jul 22, 2013
os, or hard reset keep the power button

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Wait, I just read about the new firmware with knox secure bootloader.
I don't think the method I told you works atm

Kjempekjell

Oct 9, 2011
os, or hard reset keep the power button

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Wait, I just read about the new firmware with knox secure bootloader.
I don't think the method I told you works atm

I believe so too. I think I have tried at least 30 times no. Everything from before Odin says PASS! to just after the vibrate stops.
All I get is normal reboot and no recovery.

I really hope the smart guys in here find a fix. :)

Kjempekjell

Oct 9, 2011
you cannot enter in download mode and flash a custom recovery?

It stops here "bold". I cant enter recovery mode...

The procedure is as:
1.Copy the " S4Mini_RootKit_v1.zip" to your device SD card.
2.Turn off the phone.
3.Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
4.Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
5.Start Odin, uncheck "F. Reset Time", and then click AP button.
6.Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.7-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file that you previously extracted, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished.
7.After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY hold volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
8.Select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
9.After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Thanks! I already saw this thread, but it doesnt help me much as long as I cant enter recovery after flashing with Odin.
Why Not?
I never stop on vibrate (never make this: After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY... ), I always reboot after flash recovery.
To go to it , power off, then holder Home + Vol up + Power but when I see the yellow message "Set Warranty bit : Recovery" (or the old blue one msg) I pull out my finger from power but wait whit Home + Vol up pressed until recovery appear.

It work always for me. I don't understand.

Whit root I use the Quick Boot.

Last edited:

Kjempekjell

Oct 9, 2011
Why Not?
I never stop on vibrate (never make this: After the phone resets (it vibrates) IMMEDIATELY... ), I always reboot after flash recovery.
To go to it , power off, then holder Home + Vol up + Power but when I see the yellow message "Set Warranty bit : Recovery" (or the old blue one msg) I pull out my finger from power but wait whit Home + Vol up pressed until recovery appear.

It work always for me. I don't understand.

Whit root I use the Quick Boot.

Me neither, but the volume up and home button procedure doesnt work. Thats all I can say.:(