• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] yoga 2 830 UI stutter on lollipop

Search This thread

jimmipp

Nov 24, 2015
Hi all

Has anyone got a fix for the slight ui stutter that seems to happen on nova and apex (and most launchers) ? is only a little but enough to annoy me :( have tried turning on GPU rendering , disabling hardware interface and loads of different launchers.

Its only a small issue for an otherwise great tab ! but just feel it shouldn't happen. everything loads at lightning speeds so makes no sense ... guessing its poor software optimization.

The Lenovo launcher is terrible and its clear they sped up the transitions to hide the choppiness.

Next launcher etc work very smoothly but the wallpaper bugs if i rotate the screen.

Would rather not root the tab as it will stop me watching NOW tv etc.

Ps tried super touch but no use

jumpup

I discovered the same issue - switched to Action Launcher 3

I have a Yoga 2 830, manually updated to Lollipop 5.01 using the Intel tool. I always immediately replace the stock launcher with Apex. It was with Apex I saw saw the little graphical glitches. There appeared to be no pattern, occurrence or reason for it.

At any rate, I switched to Action Launcher 3. You get all the same features and functionality, plus it has a smaller memory footprint.

For the record, I'm rooted using the Intel FBRL and also used it to install the current Xposed Framework ZIP. Everything is peachy so far!

-Jay

Hi all

Has anyone got a fix for the slight ui stutter that seems to happen on nova and apex (and most launchers) ? is only a little but enough to annoy me :( have tried turning on GPU rendering , disabling hardware interface and loads of different launchers.

Its only a small issue for an otherwise great tab ! but just feel it shouldn't happen. everything loads at lightning speeds so makes no sense ... guessing its poor software optimization.

The Lenovo launcher is terrible and its clear they sped up the transitions to hide the choppiness.

Next launcher etc work very smoothly but the wallpaper bugs if i rotate the screen.

Would rather not root the tab as it will stop me watching NOW tv etc.

Ps tried super touch but no use