• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] z4root

Search This thread

medic33

Jan 1, 2011
im sure its here somewhere but ive been looking for some time and havent found it, so here goes. New to andriod and what to put z4root on my phone. I have downloaded it to my laptop. How do side load it to the right file on the sd?

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
im sure its here somewhere but ive been looking for some time and havent found it, so here goes. New to andriod and what to put z4root on my phone. I have downloaded it to my laptop. How do side load it to the right file on the sd?

Just load onto your sdcard and click on it. The installer will get you through the rest.

Reactions: medic33

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
1.6. Im currently in the process of figuring out how to flash 2.1.

If you are running AT&T then they have disabled the non-market apps. This is what you need to do to get 2.1 then install z4root.

1. Watch this tutorial.
2. Go here and download the flash tool and the X10a 2.1 world generic.
3. Flash the firmware as in the tutorial.
4. Enable "non-market" apps
5. Install z4root
6. Enjoy! :)

Reactions: CJM01 and medic33

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
WOW ... what a difference! Worked perfectly. offically an addict. Thanks Batman.

No problem. Glad I could help. Enjoy your phone! :)

Don't forget to enter you APN settings so you can use 3G (its H in the new FW) and MMS.

Go to Settings -> Wireless Controls -> Mobile Networks-> Access Point Names

Add a new APN. Don’t forget to Save the new APN by pressing the “more” button! Once you do this, you must select the newly created Internet APN.

Lastly, make sure there are no extra spaces after entering any of these values, else your 3G (it will show an "H" in the new FW which is 3.5G) won’t work.

<name> att
<apn> wap.cingular
<proxy> wireless.cingular.com
<port> 80
<username> not set
<password> not set
<server> not set
<mmsc> http://mmsc.cingular.com
<mms proxy> wireless.cingular.com
<mms port> 80
<mcc> 310
<mnc> 410