• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[QA][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for Galaxy 3

Search This thread

Anandababu153

May 18, 2011
Chennai
Here we can talk about CM10/JB

Here you can post Questions/Bugs about CyanogenMod 10 for Galaxy 3 developed by Marcellusbe

Only Rule - Do not ask for ETA. We all are excited about this port, yet please be patient.

Will try to keep it updated frequently.

Please stop posting your Question in the DEV thread to keep it clean.

Working
- SDcard
- openfimg
- Wifi
- Vibrator
- Sensors
- GSM (need to disable pin code)
- Screenshot
- Sound
- Internet connection
- Deepsleep kernel panic
- Bluetooth (big thanks to pmanian!)
- DSPManager
- UMS
- Mobile data
- backported xt_qtaguid and xt_quota2 for data usage stats (Data usage) - I feel thats a little buggy. Please confirm

Non Working
- Camera
- Video codecs
- Battery statistics
- Location services
- GPS
- USB Tethering
- Ring Tone looping (i.e The incoming call will play the ring tone only once)

Last edited:

Anandababu153

May 18, 2011
Chennai
Google Now

Google Now

Its a kind of work around to get your google search bar with "Google Now cards", but without voice.

Install Titanium Back up, remove the existing search application. :angel:
Install the new Google Now attached here (thanks to ilievski.ace) Just copy this to your sdcard and open it :fingers-crossed:
Open the application, just give next,next ....

When it ask for you to signin click "No, may be later" something like that... :confused:
Now you will be able to get the Google Now cards, results without voice , but Im not sure what and how its happening ... :highfive:

You have to type the commands in the search bar :) but who wants to type them here instead of in the app :D

Working
Remind me in *** minutes - Set the alarm in *** mins
Weather in *** - Gives the weather card
math calculations - Gives answer
How old is *** - Give age with image
Send text to (number) message ****

Not Working
Note to self - Not Working - Able to sense the action, but fc in the end.
Call ***
Send text to (contact name like mummy) message ***
Send email to

Will update this post if i get more info on how to get Offline Voice Keyboard.
I believe Google Now depends on some libs and other stuff apart from the apk, will try to find out and update here
The main prob may/will be the system free space, GoogleNow, Offline voice Keyboard these stuffs requires a load of space :(

Attachments

• GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 270
Last edited:

sudersanmurthy

Sep 15, 2011
HELL
Will Kelly bean run smooth on our phone is it possible , or do we definitely need 3.4 kernel for jb to run smoothly on our phone :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda app-developers app

Anandababu153

May 18, 2011
Chennai
Will Kelly bean run smooth on our phone is it possible , or do we definitely need 3.4 kernel for jb to run smoothly on our phone :)

Hillbeast is working hard to port 3.4 kernel to our device, as he stated 3.4 is no where near to use.
Marce is right now porting it using CM7 kernel. We can get a smooth JB, but not the smoothest, take it with a pinch of salt there.

RohMish

Aug 5, 2011
Mumbai
When devs use ths samsung kernel for developing, they have to change the ROM source code extencively to work with the kernel. Also many features like data usage manager and bluetooth strongly rely on kernel, and needs more than just kernel or ROM modification to make it work.
For bluetooth, samsung had very different ROM and KERNEL working together and was engeneered by the devs as they had all the code and knew the system.
On other hand, our devs don't have access to the whole source, and can't make the perfect ROM.
once the kernel 3.x Project is finished, the standard drivers in android will be more usefull.

nishant_713

Jul 6, 2011
Bidar
I guess marcel is quite busy these dayz... imho the working list is good enough for the rom to be released to the public.. but after all its marce's project and he is more experienced. Anywayz, does any one know what is planned to be fixed before the first release. Cause the working list is now the same as ics (except mobile data) so being on ics now is not worth as we have better.

sudersanmurthy

Sep 15, 2011
HELL
I guess marcel is quite busy these dayz... imho the working list is good enough for the rom to be released to the public.. but after all its marce's project and he is more experienced. Anywayz, does any one know what is planned to be fixed before the first release. Cause the working list is now the same as ics (except mobile data) so being on ics now is not worth as we have better.

I too wonder the same I think he should have created the thread after completing build 1 , because I cannot control the excitement:rolleyes: , well I think just thinking that he will release after fixing mobile data because it is very important :) let's hope right only he knows when he is going to release it :)

Shree_Jamdar

Oct 5, 2010
Hi

I am worried about camera. It has been the pain in the a$$ since cyanogenmod ports. Even now its not completely working on CM7 and 9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we can talk about CM10/JB

Here you can post Questions/Bugs about CyanogenMod 10 for Galaxy 3 developed by Marcellusbe

Only Rule - Do not ask for ETA. We all are excited about this port, yet please be patient.

Will try to keep it updated frequently.

Please stop posting your Question in the DEV thread to keep it clean.

Working
    - SDcard
    - openfimg
    - Wifi
    - Vibrator
    - Sensors
    - GSM (need to disable pin code)
    - Screenshot
    - Sound
    - Internet connection
    - Deepsleep kernel panic
    - Bluetooth (big thanks to pmanian!)
    - DSPManager
    - UMS
    - Mobile data
    - backported xt_qtaguid and xt_quota2 for data usage stats (Data usage) - I feel thats a little buggy. Please confirm

Non Working
    - Camera
    - Video codecs
    - Battery statistics
    - Location services
    - GPS
    - USB Tethering
    - Ring Tone looping (i.e The incoming call will play the ring tone only once)
    Latest update from Marcel about CMX...

"build will come in a few days with or without the camera working .... but I hope "with" .. depending on my spare time"
    The FMRadio is working on CM10 For Sony x8 but not on G3 Whay ????

FM radio for Qcom hardware device is supported : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av/commit/f7345540637059e99392633e8047aa7b671c401f

G3 doesnt have Qcom hardware.
    Google Now

Google Now

Its a kind of work around to get your google search bar with "Google Now cards", but without voice.

Install Titanium Back up, remove the existing search application. :angel:
    Install the new Google Now attached here (thanks to ilievski.ace) Just copy this to your sdcard and open it :fingers-crossed:
    Open the application, just give next,next ....

When it ask for you to signin click "No, may be later" something like that... :confused:
    Now you will be able to get the Google Now cards, results without voice , but Im not sure what and how its happening ... :highfive:

You have to type the commands in the search bar :) but who wants to type them here instead of in the app :D

Working
    Remind me in *** minutes - Set the alarm in *** mins
    Weather in *** - Gives the weather card
    math calculations - Gives answer
    How old is *** - Give age with image
    Send text to (number) message ****

Not Working
    Note to self - Not Working - Able to sense the action, but fc in the end.
    Call ***
    Send text to (contact name like mummy) message ***
    Send email to

Will update this post if i get more info on how to get Offline Voice Keyboard.
    I believe Google Now depends on some libs and other stuff apart from the apk, will try to find out and update here
    The main prob may/will be the system free space, GoogleNow, Offline voice Keyboard these stuffs requires a load of space :(
    Downloads

Minimal JB Google apps - 26-July-2012 (Google Now not included) - Thanks to butler1233

App2SD