• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Accessories QC3.0 Wireless charging reciever

Search This thread

rezaz244

Apr 15, 2019
Hi all,

Is there a wireless receiver pad out there with QC3.0 capabilities?

Thanks

PS: there are pads available that go in the USB port and add wireless charging to any phone. Watch this video to see what I mean. but I have not been able to find a pad that supports QC3.0. I am just wondering if anyone knows a brand or a certain hack to get fast charging with these pads.

QC3.0 30w wireless chargers are available (for example) but I haven't found any receiver pads marketed for 30w or QC3.0.

now that being said, the laws of electromagnetics tell us assuming the coils don't change if you double the voltage on the transmitter coil the voltage will double on the receiver end (see this). Theoretically increasing the voltage will increase efficiency. but the electronics (voltage regulator) in the pads might prevent the higher voltage from getting to the phone (watch this)

Last edited:

Jing Arjay87

Feb 23, 2018
Hi all,

Is there a wireless receiver pad out there with QC3.0 capabilities?

Thanks

PS: there are pads available that go in the USB port and add wireless charging to any phone. Watch this video to see what I mean. but I have not been able to find a pad that supports QC3.0. I am just wondering if anyone knows a brand or a certain hack to get fast charging with these pads.
Why would you need one with QC3.0? Qi wireless charging standard doesn't supply enough voltage after AC-DC conversion to meet 9V or even 12V for QC3.0 spec. And even if it's possible, it would be quite inefficient I would imagine.

rezaz244

Apr 15, 2019
Why would you need one with QC3.0? Qi wireless charging standard doesn't supply enough voltage after AC-DC conversion to meet 9V or even 12V for QC3.0 spec. And even if it's possible, it would be quite inefficient I would imagine.
QC3.0 30w wireless chargers are available (for example) but I haven't found any receiver pads marketed for 30w or QC3.0.

now that being said, the laws of electromagnetics tell us assuming the coils don't change if you double the voltage on the transmitter coil the voltage will double on the receiver end (see this). Theoretically increasing the voltage will increase efficiency. but the electronics in the pads might prevent the higher voltage to get to the phone (watch this)

Jing Arjay87

Feb 23, 2018

now that being said, the laws of electromagnetics tell us assuming the coils don't change if you double the voltage on the transmitter coil the voltage will double on the receiver end (see this). Theoretically increasing the voltage will increase efficiency. but the electronics in the pads might prevent the higher voltage to get to the phone (watch this)
The reason why 30w QC3.0 wireless charger exists is only because of the higher wattage for devices with high wattage receivers, the charger pad doesn't communicate to the phone with QC3.0. It only communicates QC3.0 with the wall adapter. Plus, QC3.0 does not include wireless charging as a spec requirement. And probably because of the additional circuitry needed to convert higher power, no one want's to make it since it may make the receiver pad bulky.

Yes what you said might be true, but you have to factor in losses in the circuitry generating more heat at both the transmitter and receiver side therefore wasting power. And I suppose coils needs to be wound for higher voltage and lower frequency? Not an expert in electromagnetics.

Last edited:

venomus001

Nov 25, 2013
OnePlus 3T
Xiaomi Mi 8
it just seems unnecessary to have an external wireless charger, it will never be 30w like high end phones, even with a slow charger you're going to end up spending $50 for a useless feature which is why manufacturers just ditched it until it becomes more affordable to put in midrange give it ~2 years

Shadowk1ller

cHarOn99

Aug 28, 2008
i tried now a different one and also same result, so if someone find one which is working then please let us know.

Yking Receiver Type C 2000maH

Attachments

• 71HXSNYO+XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71HXSNYO+XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts