General QHD+ / Font size / Display size too large even when set to small

Search This thread

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
  • May 24, 2008
    Razer Phone 2
    Motorola One Action
    As the title says I've already set the phone to QHD+ (3120x1440), default factory setting was FHD+ (2340x1080)
    I've also set both Font Size and Display size to Small
    Yet pretty much everything remains still pretty big.

In my old phone (Razer Phone 2) after I make these changes I get a lot of screen real-state space back, but that doesn't seem to be doing much.
    To simply put it, I want to be able to read a long text per row, than having the same long text wrap around a few times, regardless if they are the Title of a web page, SMS text, email, whatever.

For example:
    When I run Waze (GPS nav) in the 1+9 Pro everything is Large, the GUI (user interface) is taking up too much screen realstate, yet on my old phone (RPP2) after making those same size changes everything reduced in size, opening up the Map to show a lot more streets and area.

Size:
    5.72 inches, 90.2 cm2 (~72.0% screen-to-body ratio) RP2
    6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~90.3% screen-to-body ratio) 1+9 Pro

Resolution
    1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~513 ppi density) RP2
    1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi density) 1+9 Pro

See technically speaking our 1+9 Pro should be able to show lot more stuff on screen, yet I actually get a lot less than from my old RP2.

Trying to figure out if I'm missed any additional Settings I could change from the stock OS, or perhaps we'll need some 3rd party Apps like Screnshift to tweak the ppi or some other hack that we could use.

Last edited:

zoman7663

• May 23, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    As the title says I've already set the phone to QHD+ (3120x1440), default factory setting was FHD+ (2340x1080)
    I've also set both Font Size and Display size to Small
    Yet pretty much everything remains still pretty big.

In my old phone (Razer Phone 2) after I make these changes I get a lot of screen real-state space back, but that doesn't seem to be doing much.
    To simply put it, I want to be able to read a long text per row, than having the same long text wrap around a few times, regardless if they are the Title of a web page, SMS text, email, whatever.

For example:
    When I run Waze (GPS nav) in the 1+9 Pro everything is Large, the GUI (user interface) is taking up too much screen realstate, yet on my old phone (RPP2) after making those same size changes everything reduced in size, opening up the Map to show a lot more streets and area.

Size:
    5.72 inches, 90.2 cm2 (~72.0% screen-to-body ratio) RP2
    6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~90.3% screen-to-body ratio) 1+9 Pro

Resolution
    1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~513 ppi density) RP2
    1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi density) 1+9 Pro

See technically speaking our 1+9 Pro should be able to show lot more stuff on screen, yet I actually get a lot less than from my old RP2.

Trying to figure out if I'm missed any additional Settings I could change from the stock OS, or perhaps we'll need some 3rd party Apps like Screnshift to tweak the ppi or some other hack that we could use.
    In dev options change the dpi to a larger value, stock is 384, smaller text etc is larger number. I like 411 ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Are you referring to the setting "Smallest width" ?
      it's set to 411 dp by default.

other than that, I can't seem to find an actual setting for "dpi" which is what I was looking for as well.
      Yes, mine was defaulted at 384 but doesn't matter. Raise that value and things on the screen will become smaller.
      Yes, mine was defaulted at 384 but doesn't matter. Raise that value and things on the screen will become smaller.
      That did the trick.
      I set it to 525 maximum for this phone, now I got alot of screen space, feels good, less claustrophobic :)