Qi Charging Issue; Turns On and Off at 100% Charge

Search This thread

bleuiko

Jan 29, 2007
Do any of you have an issue where the phone screen turns on and off (and beeps) when it reaches 100% charged using a Qi charger? I am using the official Samsung wireless back cover with a Nokia Qi charging pad. When the phone reaches Charged, it will turn the screen on, then it'll say Charging Wirelessly 100%, then it'll turn the screen off and start charging... and the cycle repeats every 20 second or so. Anyone else?

solodV8

Jul 24, 2014
I think it is standard glitch on all Samsung phones. The same thing happened with my old Note II, and it happening with my Note IV too. I have to shift phone maybe 1" off center so it would not make that noise.

nicholb

Aug 13, 2009
Yes, I turn off notification and system sounds at night while charging with Tasker, and I use Gentle Alarm to display a dim clock so I don't get the screen flashing.

bleuiko

Jan 29, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply! Now I know that it isn't just my phone or charger, I can rest easier and just let it be (mostly will just take it off stand when charged).

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
My Note 4 is using S-View cover with wireless receiver built in + OEM Samsung Wireless Charger Pad (the big one) & I never experience your problem.
It only shows "Charged" once then fall asleep again until I turn it on.

zurkx

Aug 9, 2014
this is correct if the note 4 is not properly centered ona single coil charger. upgrade to a 3 coil or center the charger coils with the base.
it takes place because the signal to cut off the charger at 100% is not properly received by the charger base so the charger keeps charging. the note 4 assumes the sginal sent will cut off charging and goes into a no charge state. then when current keeps flowing through the coils it wakes up and issues a no charge command again...which is again lost because the coils are too far apart. and the cycle repeats.
solution is to switch to a 3 coil charger or align the coils with each other.

solodV8

Jul 24, 2014
this is correct if the note 4 is not properly centered ona single coil charger. upgrade to a 3 coil or center the charger coils with the base.
it takes place because the signal to cut off the charger at 100% is not properly received by the charger base so the charger keeps charging. the note 4 assumes the sginal sent will cut off charging and goes into a no charge state. then when current keeps flowing through the coils it wakes up and issues a no charge command again...which is again lost because the coils are too far apart. and the cycle repeats.
solution is to switch to a 3 coil charger or align the coils with each other.
Is there a way to find out how many coils in my charging pad?