Qmobile A6 Poor GPS Fixed

Search This thread

greatanjum

Nov 14, 2012
Karachi
Qmobile A6 have Poor GPS because
1 ) Take long time for cold start
2) GPS crashes sometime during cold start, as GPS Beacon disappears but the App keep running.

The 1st issue regarding long cold start is fixed,
The reason was Mobile could only utilize GPS (StandAlone) and unable to Utilize Assited GPS because it is unable to connect to the Supl.Google.com Due to invalid SSL certificates at PATH /SYSTEM/ETC/SECURITY, i have tried various SSL certificates (SuplRootCert) but the output was same and counter productive.
Disappointed by google i experimented other SUPL servers as
#SUPL_HOST= glsupltls.glpals.com

#SUPL_HOST=www.spirent-lcs.com

#SUPL_HOST= supl.sonyerricson.com
some were working but slow but SUPL.NOKIA found best, and now using GPRS/WIFI connection my gps fix is less then 10 sec (skyfacing) once locked it will continue to be locked and you could use Sygic for Turn by turn navigation.

simply put the attached files at the path /system/etc/ of your mobile,
Note : The mobile should be rooted.
For Rooting use script Bin4ry.7z and follow steps at path given in the web link below, it will work both for A6 as well S2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31545729
The Files are gps.txt and gpsconfig.txt: Plz rename these files to gps.conf and gpsconfig.xml before putting them at path.
You could use Es File Explorer for this purpose
Note : Plz take a backup copy of Orignal gps.conf and gpsconfig.xml before replacing them with new as a precautionary measure only.

After that reboot your phone and connect it to internet (wifi/gprs) and open GPS STATUS or GPS Test App (Sky facing) it will be have to fix within a few Seconds.
Note : In GPS Becon Disappears , restart App, this is a hardware problem which only occurs sometime during cold Start only.

Attachments

• Qmobile-Noir-A6-300x217.jpg
    Qmobile-Noir-A6-300x217.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 79
  • gps.txt
    677 bytes · Views: 663
  • gpsconfig.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 498

izkhan

Jan 16, 2013
I have bought Noir A6 a week before and I am disappointed to find the GPS issue. I have still not used your method. I am confused because with WI-FI it showed my location on Google maps immediately within few seconds. So that means that issue with A-GPS is only with GPRS data connection??.
I have tested Noir A6 and my old Huawei Ideos with GPS Test utility both indoor and outdoor without data connections. Here indoor means single story building.

In out door test Noir A6 acquired satellite more than 5 folds time it took to Huawei Ideos. Also the signal strength showed poor on Noir A6.

In indoor test Noir A6 completely failed to perform test after waiting for 15 minutes where as Huawei Immediately acquired satellites with reasonable sginal strength.
In nut shell it is clear that GPS CHIP used in Noir A6 is very inferior and it is insensitive to low signal that is why it takes ages to lock on to satellites where as Huawei Ideos acquire satellites immediately.

Unfortunately I can not post images now to show screen of GPS TEST

Last edited:

Afzaal

Mar 7, 2006
2) GPS crashes sometime during cold start, as GPS Beacon disappears but the App keep running.

The reason was Mobile could only utilize GPS (StandAlone) and unable to Utilize Assited GPS because it is unable to connect to the Supl.Google.com Due to invalid SSL certificates at PATH /SYSTEM/ETC/SECURITY, i have tried various SSL certificates (SuplRootCert) but the output was same and counter productive.

some were working but slow but SUPL.NOKIA found best, and now using GPRS/WIFI connection my gps fix is less then 10 sec (skyfacing) once locked it will continue to be locked and you could use Sygic for Turn by turn navigation.

For Rooting use script Bin4ry.7z and follow steps at path given in the web link below, it will work both for A6 as well S2
The Files are gps.txt and gpsconfig.txt: Plz rename these files to gps.conf and gpsconfig.xml before putting them at path.
Note : Plz take a backup copy of Orignal gps.conf and gpsconfig.xml before replacing them with new as a precautionary measure only.

After that reboot your phone and connect it to internet (wifi/gprs) and open GPS STATUS or GPS Test App (Sky facing) it will be have to fix within a few Seconds.
Note : In GPS Becon Disappears , restart App, this is a hardware problem which only occurs sometime during cold Start only.

with ES File Explorer i can't find the system files well i manage to see system folders by astro file explorer but unable to copy or move the required files and also can't rename the original files as bak files

Regards

Last edited:

izkhan

Jan 16, 2013
with ES File Explorer i can't find the system files well i manage to see system folders by astro file explorer but unable to copy or move the required files and also can't rename the original files as bak files

Regards

Well you will have to root mobile to get access to system files. I have rooted and change the files but I don't think that there
Is significant difference. Further I have used some utilities that directly modify .conf file but the problem is almost there. A6 uses inferior GPS chip set which is not sensitive and is cause of problem.
Sent from my A6 using Tapatalk 2

Afzaal

Mar 7, 2006
Well you will have to root mobile to get access to system files. I have rooted and change the files but I don't think that there
Is significant difference. Further I have used some utilities that directly modify .conf file but the problem is almost there. A6 uses inferior GPS chip set which is not sensitive and is cause of problem.
Sent from my A6 using Tapatalk 2

well i rooted it before anything else and said problem was solved by root file manager but problem persist so i change the cheap thing no worries at all now coz i get rid of a6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone