• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q's] Kids Videos App

Search This thread

mills2533

Aug 16, 2011
Just have a couple questions for Android owners with kids.

I've created an app that plays kids videos from YouTube that I've found to be appropriate for children (hasn't been published yet). I've currently searched and found 60+ videos that would be ok and the list would certainly increase over time.

The app doesn't use the YouTube player so that the child cannot find inappropriate videos after watching their selection. Using the back button will only get them back to the app and when the video is done playing it will also return to the app. The app wouldn't have ads either. So, it is a little safer way to turn a kid loose allowing them to watch videos.

Would this be of interest to you? If so, would you be willing to pay for it? If no, why not?

RoberGalarga

Dec 21, 2011
In front of my laptop :D
I think many parents can be interested, since it's an easier way to entertain your children that convert and copy the videos manually.
You can sell it for few money (<5 usd? a good price, I think). If you make a free version, don't put ADs (many of them are inappropiate too).

mills2533

Aug 16, 2011
I appreciate the responses.

@RoberGalarga I definitely want to keep any version ad free as that is a problem I've had with other kids apps. That and in game purchases!

@zacthespack Good suggestion. I was contemplating that idea and will probably do the trial version with a small amount of videos and a full paid version with a larger number of videos.