• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Query on screen protectors

Search This thread

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
I'm curious about the Whitestone Dome Silk. There's a few YouTube videos, but none offer a real review. One is just an unboxing basically. Another video claims to be a review, but they just install it and say it's great. No talk of feel, how it compares to the factory screen protector, etc...
I read that Samsung is saying using a screen protector on the Fold 3 inner screen will void the warranty.

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
Reactions: zsy450 and Evo 4G63

Arr6

Aug 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Keep in mind removing the factory screen protector for inner screen voids warranty.
Edit: I see its already posted

BTW the factory protector is good. I may change the cover screen to glass.

Reactions: jah
Keep in mind removing the factory screen protector for inner screen voids warranty.
Edit: I see its already posted

BTW the factory protector is good. I may change the cover screen to glass.
Keep in mind that's been discussed and noted already. We appreciate the information; however, my question was not about the warranty. It was about how the Whitestone Dome Silk COMPARES to the factory screen protector.

We're looking for alternatives to the factory installed protector. For example, if it gets scratched up, I'll want to replace it. And I won't care if it voids the warranty. Which they would have to prove that removing the screen protector caused whatever issue I'm warranting it for anyway.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
I have no idea how anyone can live with the screen protectors on this phone. There is no comparison between off and on. Had I never used the fold 2 without the screen protector perhaps I wouldn't have been so bothered by the protector on the 3. Its a night and day difference and unless you are going to use the SPen a ton I think its insane to keep the protector on as it ruins the experience.

jah

Out of curiosity,.can anyone show me the documentation that states removing the factory installed screen protector voids the warranty? I don't mean screenshots of a conversation with a customer service rep, as we all know they are wrong about 75% of the time. I want the actual warranty documentation.
The European warranty exclusions states

"
use of the product in conjunction with accessories, chargers or supplies not approved by
Samsung for use with this product;"

pieces of cake

In fact now I am looking for a tempered glass screen protector for the outer display. Any recommendation?
I saw one from Whitestone: https://www.whitestonedome.com/coll...-3-dome-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector
Any experience?
Wondering the same thing here. I'd like to find a good screen protector for the front/cover display, as the pre-installed one started peeling off within the first 48 hours of use. Anyone found one that they like and fits well with a case installed? (Currently using the Ringke Slim)

TIA

Apr 27, 2014
Wondering the same thing here. I'd like to find a good screen protector for the front/cover display, as the pre-installed one started peeling off within the first 48 hours of use. Anyone found one that they like and fits well with a case installed? (Currently using the Ringke Slim)

TIA
I eventually decided to use: https://www.whitestonedome.com/coll...fold-3-tempered-glass-screen-protector-2-pack
It is much cheaper, no UV curing needed, simpler installation, yet it performs as good as the one that requires UV curing. It's also compatible with Spigen cases.
Highly recommended...!

shigeo

Apr 14, 2006
Deathstar
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I went and ordered the Whitestone domeglass for the front/outside screen as my factory installed screen protector was offset enough to motivate/bug me. Whitestone is running a promo on their site right now for I think 15% off.

The install with the uv light and liquid is complicated but super awesome and looks great =) it comes with 2 setups so if you make a mistake or need to reapply for some reason you have a back up.

Also check out their sites support section for the most up to date instructions it does make a difference and it really clever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They changed the screen protector to PET, this is one of the best and most overlooked features.
    Where did you find it in store? I haven't actually held one yet but my order is in. Thought about swinging by a Best Buy soon.
    Best buy had one but it was off and I couldn't power it on, Verizon had one on and working, so I got to actually play with it. I'm telling you, the improvements they did to the folding screen are amazing imo. That's always been my thing that keep me from getting the fold, but as soon as I felt how much better it was on the 3, I went ahead and pre-ordered.
    They did say thicker protector and its tpu i believe.

I had screen protectors that feel "like glass" vs cheap plastic before.

Either way all a step in the right direction
    Well whatever they did, I was very impressed with what I felt today and it made my decision to make the jump and pre-order
    Have you read that as an official statement from Samsung?
    Here is the link, it's from a Samsung rep. Probably best to contact them yourself if you're thinking about doing it just to make sure. I'm just going to roll with the PET and have Samsung replace it if it gets cruddy or peels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/p8fa08
    I believe the internal has a preinstalled screen protector. Same as the fold 2.
    I was unable to get information if the exterior one has a screen protector or not.
    I would think so since it seems normal for samsung now.
    Idk I tried out the phone in store, and this iteration of the fold felt more like glass and less like plastic and I didn't see a noticeable screen protector like the Fold 2.