Question about 2021 s20 exynos heat

Search This thread

theblitz707

Mar 22, 2019
Hello everyone, im going to choose a phone for my cousin and i was looking to s20+ exynos. Its a great phone but when i bought it in 2020 summer, it was heating up a lot even when doing normal tasks like using chrome or watching youtube. For comparison, when using zoom s20+ got up to 42-43 Degree battery and was really hot, same conditions s10+ was something like 31battery. After 2 days i returned the phone. Now i suspect this was due to software problems and wanna know if phone still heats up like this during normal use.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    My Note 10+ Snapdragon was a hot running battery hog when I first used it. Today it's a fast, stable, cool running platform. Same firmware but I optimized it over time.
    If you expect an Android to run perfectly out of the box you're having Apple delusions🤭

theblitz707

Mar 22, 2019
    My Note 10+ Snapdragon was a hot running battery hog when I first used it. Today it's a fast, stable, cool running platform. Same firmware but I optimized it over time.
    If you expect an Android to run perfectly out of the box you're having Apple delusions🤭
    I suppose its okay for it to not be perfect but it shouldnt be that bad either. I wouldnt return it otherwise. That was definitely not a case where it would fix itself with user optimizations and a week of 'phone getting used to your patterns' bs. You clearly had a different problem if you achieved it without updates.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    I suppose its okay for it to not be perfect but it shouldnt be that bad either. I wouldnt return it otherwise. That was definitely not a case where it would fix itself with user optimizations and a week of 'phone getting used to your patterns' bs. You clearly had a different problem if you achieved it without updates.
    Doesn't matter what the problem is most times because with Android there's always a work around even on stock Androids.
    Each device and user are different... we're not all the same lame Apple🤣
    It's time consuming... until you work it out.
    If you're waiting an update solution you're going to wait... and maybe still not get what you want.

That's why Gookill can jam Q and especially 11 up someone else's auxiliary port.
    No real improvements and lots of useless cpu cycle robbing big sister bs. 12 will likely be worse... so I'm not throwing my money or time at it. I have that luxury.
    Dead cats, dead rats
    Can't you see what they were at?

theblitz707

Mar 22, 2019
    Doesn't matter what the problem is most times because with Android there's always a work around even on stock Androids.
    Each device and user are different... we're not all the same lame Apple🤣
    It's time consuming... until you work it out.
    If you're waiting an update solution you're going to wait... and maybe still not get what you want.

That's why Gookill can jam Q and especially 11 up someone else's auxiliary port.
    No real improvements and lots of useless cpu cycle robbing big sister bs. 12 will likely be worse... so I'm not throwing my money or time at it. I have that luxury.
    Dead cats, dead rats
    Can't you see what they were at?
    just out of curiosity, what did you do to stop your phone from overheating?

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    just out of curiosity, what did you do to stop your phone from overheating?
    A whole lot.
    First step was to disable all power management.
    Then go after each offender on a case by case basis. Rogue 3rd party apps either get firewall blocked or deleted especially if they're are startup apps that don't need that privilege.

I use Package Disabler and Karma Firewall a lot.
    I clear the system cache and use as needed the old Device Care powered by 360° (firewall blocked) to clear system caches and logs.
    Disable all cloud junk, and other Google trashware.
    Simply disabling Google play Services and Playstore when not needed gives you another 1-2%@ hr of battery life. They are hogs that tend to run needlessly.
    Disable all feedback... it's data mining at your expense.
    Sometimes I turn off battery background usage to certain apks like Android Services.
    It all adds up... play with it.

Each device, OS and user are different, so what works well for me might puke on you.
    Don't make too many changes at once and be aware of possible dependencies for the apps you alter. It's a learning curve... and sort of fun.
    &
    It's almost impossible to crash and burn* a stock Android. So get after it!

*always be ready for a crash. Backup all critical data redundantly and be ready to reload at any time. While very rare Android crashes give little or no warning. Slight system instability and lag are many times the only warnings you will get on a fast platform... then bam, boot loop.

theblitz707

Mar 22, 2019
    A whole lot.
    First step was to disable all power management.
    Then go after each offender on a case by case basis. Rogue 3rd party apps either get firewall blocked or deleted especially if they're are startup apps that don't need that privilege.

I use Package Disabler and Karma Firewall a lot.
    I clear the system cache and use as needed the old Device Care powered by 360° (firewall blocked) to clear system caches and logs.
    Disable all cloud junk, and other Google trashware.
    Simply disabling Google play Services and Playstore when not needed gives you another 1-2%@ hr of battery life. They are hogs that tend to run needlessly.
    Disable all feedback... it's data mining at your expense.
    Sometimes I turn off battery background usage to certain apks like Android Services.
    It all adds up... play with it.

Each device, OS and user are different, so what works well for me might puke on you.
    Don't make too many changes at once and be aware of possible dependencies for the apps you alter. It's a learning curve... and sort of fun.
    &
    It's almost impossible to crash and burn* a stock Android. So get after it!

*always be ready for a crash. Backup all critical data redundantly and be ready to reload at any time. While very rare Android crashes give little or no warning. Slight system instability and lag are many times the only warnings you will get on a fast platform... then bam, boot loop.
    Im pretty sure your note 10 would be completely fine without any of those. If you updated a few times. But if you have to stay at initial firmware for some specific reason then fair enough. (Btw, I also used to disable google play and google services but at the time my phone had 834MB ram so it was really important, i dont think saving %1 battery is worth it at all)

When i had my S20+, phone didnt heat at all when idling so some bloatware/feedback/google services/rogue app etc. wasnt the issue. I learned from someone else it was fixed after november update. Anyways have a good day

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Im pretty sure your note 10 would be completely fine without any of those. If you updated a few times. But if you have to stay at initial firmware for some specific reason then fair enough. (Btw, I also used to disable google play and google services but at the time my phone had 834MB ram so it was really important, i dont think saving %1 battery is worth it at all)

When i had my S20+, phone didnt heat at all when idling so some bloatware/feedback/google services/rogue app etc. wasnt the issue. I learned from someone else it was fixed after november update. Anyways have a good day
    That's a minimum. When Gookill is misbehaving it's battery usage far exceeds that and extends into when the screen is off.
    My battery usage when sleeping with AOD on touch demand is 2-3% for 6 hours.
    That 1 or 2% is also after much of the Gookill junkware was disabled.
    Google and Samsung apps are the prime suspects... as usual.
    My stock 10+ is heavily reconfigured, I have no quick fixes for you because none of mine were quick🤣

As for updates, they ain't got nothing for me. Last thing I want is Q loading on this device.
    It would gut Karma Firewall's functionality and destroy trusted overlay apks... for what?
    I've already archieved all my favorite apks so I'm not longer dependent on Playstore. Playstore will eventually alter or delete them.

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone