Question about flashing Vendor firmware

Search This thread

santiagoruel13

May 9, 2012
Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur
Huawei P40 Pro
just a quick question guys,, is it ok for me to flash the latest beryllium-9.2.25-9.0-vendor-firmware on MIUI 10 Global Stable 10.2.2.0?? will i end up in bootloop if i did that??
and what does vendor img do when flashing on a certain rom??? will it speed up ?? will it make the device snappier??

:confused::confused::confused:

m0d3rn

Sep 10, 2010
You won't be bootlooping, but you should make a backup with TWRP before flashing.
There are certain drivers, sometimes baseband updates.
In the latest version they made it possible to use 4k60 video recording and watching certain DRM protected content in resolutions not possible before.
It most likely wont affect bare performance, as this is managed by your kernel.

If you want more details about what firmware updates do, there are informations on the forum.

Reactions: santiagoruel13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You won't be bootlooping, but you should make a backup with TWRP before flashing.
    There are certain drivers, sometimes baseband updates.
    In the latest version they made it possible to use 4k60 video recording and watching certain DRM protected content in resolutions not possible before.
    It most likely wont affect bare performance, as this is managed by your kernel.

If you want more details about what firmware updates do, there are informations on the forum.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone