Question about N986N

Search This thread

zvshka

Nov 29, 2022
Hi, By some miracle, I bought a note 20 ultra 5g of the Korean version, although it was indicated that it was on exynos, but i found snapdragon. In principle, I do not regret the purchase, but it would be better if Samsung Pay would be unlocked. I tried to change the csc to some other values (SER, WWD, KOO) via the samfw tool (not samkey because it's not supported). I got an error about failed exploit. Maybe it's because I have one ui 5.

So my question is: is it possible to unlock spay for my region?

Lybopha

May 10, 2018
I just bought mine awhile ago, from my experienced, you have to downgrade sm-n986n to android 10 first before you could change the CSC to KOO.
Downloads:

Instructions:
I recommend to extract Android 10 and 13 to their respective directories to avoid any problems occurring with files confusion.

1. Power off your phone, then press Volume Up+Down(at the same time, still hold them) insert your USB cable to your computer, after that you can now release your device. Instructions screen appears, press Volume Up to continue.
2. Flashing android 10. Insert BL,... , CSC(Not Home CSC) into their respective option in Odin.
3. If everything is OK you are in android 10, Skip everything. Install "Phone by Google apk" select it as default dialer.
4. In Google dialer(Phone), type the following code: *#*#27262826#*#*.
5. CSC options pop-up for selecting:
"KOO/Single", your device will reboot with bloatwares removed.
6. Flash Android 13 or any version you want to use.
Regards.

zvshka

Nov 29, 2022
I just bought mine awhile ago, from my experienced, you have to downgrade sm-n986n to android 10 first before you could change the CSC to KOO.
Downloads:

Instructions:
I recommend to extract Android 10 and 13 to their respective directories to avoid any problems occurring with files confusion.

1. Power off your phone, then press Volume Up+Down(at the same time, still hold them) insert your USB cable to your computer, after that you can now release your device. Instructions screen appears, press Volume Up to continue.
2. Flashing android 10. Insert BL,... , CSC(Not Home CSC) into their respective option in Odin.
3. If everything is OK you are in android 10, Skip everything. Install "Phone by Google apk" select it as default dialer.
4. In Google dialer(Phone), type the following code: *#*#27262826#*#*.
5. CSC options pop-up for selecting:
"KOO/Single", your device will reboot with bloatwares removed.
6. Flash Android 13 or any version you want to use.
Regards.
Thank you for response, but can i change region to SER? Or it will give only some list of available regions for this phone? Like
KTC | LUC | SKC | KOO | WWD

Lybopha

May 10, 2018
Thank you for response, but can i change region to SER? Or it will give only some list of available regions for this phone? Like
KTC | LUC | SKC | KOO | WWD
I have tried to flash other regions, yet without success. After googling around, I stumbled upon various informations that solved the mysterious of the Note series. Samsung has designed differently for both Korea and U.S device. So, there is no luck in flashing different regions. An important note, your device might become paperweight if you're forcefully flash different regions Rom.

Maybe, there're some legends out there who could make it happen someday.