Question Question about Root and Bootloader Unlocking.

Search This thread

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Rest is just install magisk (using patch img) then boot to fastboot and flash the new img. Also, lsposed working fine for me on A13 Edit: use lsposed with zygisk mode.
Edxpsoed is dead i think, too much trouble

stonyperson2

Nov 22, 2011
Btw i forgot to say yesterday but use new flasher (google it from xda) to flash your firmware
Thanks, I was using it to test some roms. I tried the Chinese one, which I didn't like, the Japanese one was good, but I didn't get any carrier signal.
Gravity box wont work and may cause bootloop. And i think latest firmware is android 13. If you has CT72 i would suggest go for SEA version
I'd like to flash Android 12 to successfully utilize gravitybox, but I think I'll put that aside for now.

ragu24

Apr 10, 2016
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Question from a Pro-I fellow rooter:

I didn't lose any functions, camera or audio wise. However, on the X1 for mobile preview, it no longer shows a side to side comparison when you select the demo preview (used to be half screen regular and half enhanced, only shows the image without enhancement now). Did they disable it?

I do notice it lets the brightness crank higher when it's toggled on, but can't notice much in the way of contrast or image sharpness enhancement anymore - I think they rip it out after bootloader unlock. Could anyone double check for me? 🙂 Thanks in advance!

*See image below, no longer has side by side midline separation for preview*

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231-131616.png
    Screenshot_20221231-131616.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20221231-131625.png
    Screenshot_20221231-131625.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 54

raven213

Apr 12, 2011
Question from a Pro-I fellow rooter:

I didn't lose any functions, camera or audio wise. However, on the X1 for mobile preview, it no longer shows a side to side comparison when you select the demo preview (used to be half screen regular and half enhanced, only shows the image without enhancement now). Did they disable it?

I do notice it lets the brightness crank higher when it's toggled on, but can't notice much in the way of contrast or image sharpness enhancement anymore - I think they rip it out after bootloader unlock. Could anyone double check for me? 🙂 Thanks in advance!

*See image below, no longer has side by side midline separation for preview*
That's weird I still have the side by side preview

ragu24

Apr 10, 2016
Sony Xperia Pro-I
That's weird I still have the side by side preview
It must still be working there then; thankfully that means it probably was wiped from my end when I rooted, or maybe I screwed something up during root.

Nevertheless, it's the only 'DRM' or specialty software that seems ****ed otherwise. Rest is fine. I'll get around to a factory wipe one of these times, see if it comes back around :) Thanks for checking!!

raven213

Apr 12, 2011
It must still be working there then; thankfully that means it probably was wiped from my end when I rooted, or maybe I screwed something up during root.

Nevertheless, it's the only 'DRM' or specialty software that seems ****ed otherwise. Rest is fine. I'll get around to a factory wipe one of these times, see if it comes back around :) Thanks for checking!!
No worries and good luck :)

ragu24

Apr 10, 2016
Sony Xperia Pro-I
No worries and good luck :)
Wanted to give an update - installing the universal safety net fix from hardware attestation issue was the solution!!

It's back now! Long live root!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202-151448.png
    Screenshot_20230202-151448.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 23

raven213

Apr 12, 2011
Wanted to give an update - installing the universal safety net fix from hardware attestation issue was the solution!!

It's back now! Long live root!
nice :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear friends,

I've read other question threads about this and searched a lot on the internet as well, but I haven't found a clear and direct answer to this.
    My questions are as follows:
    1 - Will Unlocking Bootloader and Performing Root Make Me Lose DRM Keys? If yes, how does it affect my device?
    (The penultimate time I was left with the camera app unable to take pictures in low light and without updates via OTA). It was the Xperia Z3.

2 - Will I be able to install Gravitybox, Xposed Framework, Xposed Edge, Xposed Additions, Gesture Navigations, etc...? It's been 7 years since I've needed to root a device (the last one was the Xperia Z5), so I'm out of date.

3 - Is there a Photos and Videos widget for current versions of Android 12 or 13? I just can't bring that Widget to my new device even though I can get the Xperia Album to work normally.

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice. Forgive me for the google english and have a great day.
    1. You lose widevine L1 to L3, so no more HD content from prime , netflix, etc...

2. You can run Lsposed but gravity box wont work on android 13, worse it can cause bootloop and without twrp, idk if we can fix bootloop without full wipe. Idk if others module will work. Edit: lsposed work fine for me (xposed framework )

3. Idk, you may search playstore for photo widget?
    i just flashed a horrible chinese version and got root i think, still trying to test.
    do you know where i can find other better android 12 versions based on the original rom?
    ill check to see what i can find
    no thats correct now you need to install Fox's Magisk Module Manager
    I have read about how to install Gravitybox on Android 12. However I have not been able to install EdXposed and get it working.
    I couldn't install and I didn't understand why to install LsPosed.
    Does anyone know a more detailed gui on how to get Gravitbox working? I greatly appreciate the help.
    Gravity box wont work and may cause bootloop. And i think latest firmware is android 13. If you has CT72 i would suggest go for SEA version