Question about Rooting Dev Edition.

Search This thread

robjbw

Dec 29, 2007
Hi all. So I bought a Moto X developer edition. Of course has bootloader unlocked. Question I have is regarding root. All i have to do is install custom recover and from there install supersu? Even if I have the 4.4.2? If i install the 4.4.3 update before rooting, same steps? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tcrews

May 4, 2010
android.snkbitten.com
Hi all. So I bought a Moto X developer edition. Of course has bootloader unlocked. Question I have is regarding root. All i have to do is install custom recover and from there install supersu? Even if I have the 4.4.2? If i install the 4.4.3 update before rooting, same steps? Thanks.

Yep

Reactions: robjbw

bluskyline21

Apr 7, 2009
Seattle

I have a (sort of) similar question: I've read that Samsung S5's dev edition won't receive regular OTA updates. My friend has this phone but wants the DE and is concerned that it also won't get the OTAs. Is that accurate? I saw that the OP asked about 4.4.3 so I'm assuming that this will be updated as often as the non-DE, correct? Thank you in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep