Question About Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020)

Search This thread

Chrisx185

Dec 21, 2015
Hello everyone im having a hard time identifying the model number of my Galaxy Tab A 8.4 2020 edition by t-mobile. it states on device checker that its model number is Sm-T307U so when i try to look up root methods and custom roms for this device theres hardly any information found. Is it because this tablet is relatively new ? or do i have the wrong model number?

i would appreciate any help and knowledge on this matter thank you ! :fingers-crossed:

MrPolite

Aug 10, 2017
Google Pixel 5a
That is the model number. I own one too. There is no OEM unlock which makes it highly unlikely this model will ever be rooted or have ROMs produced for it.

blair99

May 11, 2010
Nope spent hours reading forums abs talking to people on Facebook pages found no solution

rollann

Feb 23, 2021
if you go to settings and enable developer options, you can turn on the "OEM unlocking" which says that it will allow the bootloader to be unlocked

Darren_J

May 10, 2014
if you go to settings and enable developer options, you can turn on the "OEM unlocking" which says that it will allow the bootloader to be unlocked

Can anyone comment on this? I do not own this tablet yet, but I do want to make sure that this option is available since I do intend to root it once I bought it. Any insights will be appreciated!

MrPolite

Aug 10, 2017
Google Pixel 5a
Can anyone comment on this? I do not own this tablet yet, but I do want to make sure that this option is available since I do intend to root it once I bought it. Any insights will be appreciated!
For T-Mobile nothing has changed and there is not OEM unlock. As of today.

kcwind

Jun 11, 2020
I'd like to just find the stock firmware for it. It doesn't show up on the sammobile site and I don't know if I trust some of the other places where they say they have it. Need to flash the stock firmware in order to get rid of a Google Lock. If anyone knows of a trustworthy source, please post it. Thanks!

Darren_J

May 10, 2014
I'd like to just find the stock firmware for it. It doesn't show up on the sammobile site and I don't know if I trust some of the other places where they say they have it. Need to flash the stock firmware in order to get rid of a Google Lock. If anyone knows of a trustworthy source, please post it. Thanks!

The latest one I have on my device is T307USQS4BTL1. I found it on https://samfrew.com/download/Galaxy...2020-__/4hbc/SPR/T307USQS4BTL1/T307UOYN4BTL1/ but I haven't tested it myself. Hope it's kinda helpful.

kcwind

Jun 11, 2020
Yeah, I've seen that one out there, along with a few on other sites that I don't really know if they're trustworthy or not. I was hoping there was something out there on a website that someone could vouch for before I downloaded it. I think I'll just have to see which site looks the least likely to have malware on it. Thanks for the reply!

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Hello everyone im having a hard time identifying the model number of my Galaxy Tab A 8.4 2020 edition by t-mobile. it states on device checker that its model number is Sm-T307U so when i try to look up root methods and custom roms for this device theres hardly any information found. Is it because this tablet is relatively new ? or do i have the wrong model number?

i would appreciate any help and knowledge on this matter thank you ! :fingers-crossed:
It is because the bootloader is locked by the carrier. You can't root it or install custome ROMs, unless T-Mobile unlocks it.

Dec 28, 2023
I have the same Tab which I received from T-Mobile. I want to root it and install a Custom ROM, but I need to unlock the bootloader first. Has there been any progress on this issue?
Thanks
I have same One and it comes stock unlocked and i know this because, it was given to me locked with no way to unlock using the pin or email, and ive tried every way under the sun from 3rd party to stock flashing to sideloading, and i know that is unlocked by default because i cant use ADB/Fastboot(which requires USB debug) which is found in developer mode, and my cousin who owned it, was not tech savy cuz he always came to me for problems so i know he didnt unlock developer mode and it isnt by default. However i was able to boot to bootloader(download mode) so that is why i believe this is so, of course i could be wrong it's not bulletproof.