• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

question about unlocking bootloader on d2vzw sch-i535

Search This thread

xs11e

Oct 5, 2010
Phoenix
How's the fun over??? Haha I've seen this same junk many times... I'm running 4.3 rooted. Safestrapped (cwmis garbage) alliance 23 build ROM CSC & build prop tweaks on sch-i535v on straightalk att side. Knox removed manually by me. All bands open except domestic 3g. (Working on it now).

So the funs over? I'm confused.. And how is that? Lol take your time. Research. Learn. Adapt. Achieve. If it can be locked. It can be unlocked.

OK, let's see you install TWRP on your phone Galaxy S3 that you can unlock.

Can't, can you? SafeStrap is a GREAT advance but it's not acceptable to me and many others as the bootloader is still locked so let me know when you can unlock it, OK?

Reactions: landshark68

An0nYm0u5.bat

Jul 7, 2014
Huh? What difference does twrp make? Lol they are basically the same. And question. If flashing is your only use for an unlocked boot loader. What is it you so badly want to flash but can't??

xanderdeuce80

Jul 30, 2013
EZ Unlock with S3 running 4.1.2

After accepting the 4.3 OTA, your bootloader is locked and there is no way to unlock it. My suggestion to you would be to grab the 4.3 ODIN file, reflash to 100% stock, root using saferoot, debloat as wanted, and hope for the best.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but there is no way to unlock the bootloader once taking the 4.3 OTA. Attempting to do so will brick the phone.

Does EZ Unlock work with S3 running 4.1.2 or will that brick the phone too?

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
OK I got everything to work. Flash counter is reset and phone was unrooted successfully! Before I take back to Best Buy or Verizon do I need to lock the bootloader again? I want to make sure I cover every angle so I don't void any warranties. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you are fully stock rooted, in order you should relock bootloader with EZ unlock, run triangle away, then unroot before returning the phone.

xanderdeuce80

Jul 30, 2013
If you are fully stock rooted, in order you should relock bootloader with EZ unlock, run triangle away, then unroot before returning the phone.

I read that bootloader needs to be unlocked in order to run Triangle Away so I did that and my flash counter was reset. Then I unrooted. I read that EZ Unlock 1.2 only works if rooted so am I out of luck now?

I also read that getting an OTA relocks the bootloader but will the OTA work over wi-fi only? I activated an old phone in the meantime so the S3 is offline for now.

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I read that bootloader needs to be unlocked in order to run Triangle Away so I did that and my flash counter was reset. Then I unrooted. I read that EZ Unlock 1.2 only works if rooted so am I out of luck now?

I also read that getting an OTA relocks the bootloader but will the OTA work over wi-fi only? I activated an old phone in the meantime so the S3 is offline for now.

Yes, OTA should work over wifi only.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huh? What difference does twrp make? Lol they are basically the same. And question. If flashing is your only use for an unlocked boot loader. What is it you so badly want to flash but can't??

AOSP.
    so what entails for the future of samsung phones?

The S4 boot loader has been locked down with Knox longer than the S3 has, and no one has cracked it yet. I'd say the chances of this boot loader being cracked wide open are slim to none. If unlocking this boot loader were as simple as using EZ unlock 1.2, it would have been written about all over these and all forums.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So what is the going to happen to the future of Samsung Phones? Are we no longer going to be able to put custom ROM's and custom Recovery Managers on Samsung Phones?

Will KitKat + SELinux + Knox no longer allow us to enjoy the true beauty of Android? I think that is major BS.

So what are our options now? Are we going to simply have to choose different phones like future Google Nexus phones? I love Samsung phones and I love having the options of flashing custom roms or reverting back to stock and I really really love CWM recovery or TWRP recovery.

These phones are our property...

I understand that the software and the code is Samsung's or Verizon's yet we should be able to do what we want to our property. Could you imagine if Toyota or Chevy said that after you purchased one of their cars you could never paint it a different color or add custom rims + wheels! That would be ridiculous... It is the same concept here really.

It is really sad that Samsung and Mobile carriers such as Verizon have resorted to this...

-droidshadow
    Different animal. You own the hardware, but the providers have the right to control the firmware since it can change how the phone interacts with the network.
    Just like the firmware in your cars computer. The manufacturer and the federal government have control over what went in. Modifying it can be done, but it is a violation of EPA emission laws.

Modifying the paint, tires, rims etc is like putting a different case, bling etc on your phone

Your phone needs to have the 4.3 odin tar installed to clean the recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    How's the fun over??? Haha I've seen this same junk many times... I'm running 4.3 rooted. Safestrapped (cwmis garbage) alliance 23 build ROM CSC & build prop tweaks on sch-i535v on straightalk att side. Knox removed manually by me. All bands open except domestic 3g. (Working on it now).

So the funs over? I'm confused.. And how is that? Lol take your time. Research. Learn. Adapt. Achieve. If it can be locked. It can be unlocked.

OK, let's see you install TWRP on your phone Galaxy S3 that you can unlock.

Can't, can you? SafeStrap is a GREAT advance but it's not acceptable to me and many others as the bootloader is still locked so let me know when you can unlock it, OK?
    I agree with you if there is a way to lock it there is a way to unlock it.

:cowboy:

*** If you break the glass can you glue it back?

is just a matter of time some smart brain will figure it out how to and share LOL

***We need a spy that work for Samsung!!