Question about Unlocking on Jelly Bean

Search This thread

bryan195

May 7, 2011
I want to unlock my Infinity but when I was going to download the unlock tool from the Asus website I read that it only works for ICS .. I already did the OTA for jelly bean and still want to unlock. So my question is will the unlock tool work for jelly bean?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349552707328.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349552707328.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 190

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Yes, it has been confirmed to work on Jelly Bean by multiple users. It will work fine.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bryan195

y2012

Aug 25, 2012
I used the unlock app on JB and it supposedly worked. The message "your device is now unlocked" or something similar was displayed.

I still have some questions:

1) How can I be sure my device is unlocked?
2) Is all the fuss about the .30 upgrade concerns nvflash only and not unlocking in general?
3) Would I be able to use custom ROMs in the future? Is there specific tools I will need to achieve that?

P.S. I use GNU/Linux on the desktop. I have both the SDK and the NDK installed. I already use adb sometimes and I know my way around CLI environments. I'm just new to Android and all the vendor lock-ins.

eckka

Aug 24, 2008
Adelaide
I want to unlock my Infinity but when I was going to download the unlock tool from the Asus website I read that it only works for ICS .. I already did the OTA for jelly bean and still want to unlock. So my question is will the unlock tool work for jelly bean?

The good news is YES!

I did it yesterday and now I am unlocked, rooted using the method posted by hiemashu (how to root JB), updated recovery to TWRP2.2.2.2 64bit version, flashed with ULE 1.1 ROM and since updated to the newest TWRP 2.2.2.3.

The only thing to make sure of is that you use a USB port connected directly to the Motherboard. I tried one via a multi-card reader and while I was able to fastboot reboot I could not flash until I changed port.

Go for it! You won't regret it! Anyway, it's not really yours 'til you void the warranty!!!

Cheers,

Eric

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
I did it yesterday and now I am unlocked, rooted using the method posted by hiemashu (how to root JB), updated recovery to TWRP2.2.2.2 64bit version, flashed with ULE 1.1 ROM and since updated to the newest TWRP 2.2.2.3.

The only thing to make sure of is that you use a USB port connected directly to the Motherboard. I tried one via a multi-card reader and while I was able to fastboot reboot I could not flash until I changed port.

How about the USB port on the keyboard / mobile dock? Or are you suggesting we'd need an OTG adapter directly into the TF700T tablet itself? :confused:

mordango

Jan 31, 2011
Mobtown
When i run the unlock tool, I get the message "the device model is not supported". Is there a work-around for this?

kangz890

Jan 12, 2013
Melbourne
Yes unlocked my infinity on jellybean 4.1.1

I unlocked via official asus unlocking tool and now i want to root it but i dont know how to do it. I never rooted bcoz its my first android tablet so can anybody help me with basics of how to root my infinity running jellybean 4.1.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it has been confirmed to work on Jelly Bean by multiple users. It will work fine.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2