Question abut command "lunch" for AOSiP huawei honor 5x

Search This thread

david3709

May 21, 2017
I am trying build my own rom from source code, but when i reached to command "lunch", i got an error,
..............................................................................................................................................................
build/make/core/product_config.mk:243: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "Huawei".
17:09:43 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
build/make/core/product_config.mk:243: error: Can not locate config makefile for product "Huawei".
17:09:45 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

** Don't have a product spec for: 'Huawei'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?
...........................................................................................
I tried "lunch Huawei Honor 5x", "lunch device_huawei_kiwi". "lunch kiwi", still got a same error.
Can anyone tell me what is the right name of Huawei Honor 5x for ASOiP. Thanks in advance.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I am trying build my own rom from source code, but when i reached to command "lunch", i got an error,
..............................................................................................................................................................
17:09:43 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1
17:09:45 dumpvars failed with: exit status 1

** Don't have a product spec for: 'Huawei'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?
...........................................................................................
I tried "lunch Huawei Honor 5x", "lunch device_huawei_kiwi". "lunch kiwi", still got a same error.
Can anyone tell me what is the right name of Huawei Honor 5x for ASOiP. Thanks in advance.
What software tools are you using to build your ROM?

david3709

May 21, 2017
Thanks for your response.
I did not use any software, i follow the instruction of AlaskaLinuxUser, he has lot of videos for compling custom rom.
I am working in Ubuntu 22.04, and openjdk18, the latest git and repo. And i also use lineage os instruction(https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kiwi/build) for reference.
The manifest is from "https://github.com/AOSiP/platform_manifest/tree/pie"
Before command "lunch", everything is ok, and "repo sync -j 4 -c" is fine, no error.
This error looks like the name of device is wrong.
For Lineageos 17.1, i am using "kiwi", it works and already flashed my compiling rom on my phone, and everything is working fine, just sometimes has response lag problem. That is the reason i want to try another rom, i can not accept response lag, want to good performance.
There is office AOSiP rom for my phone, i just want to try to build my own rom for practice and later do some changes.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I am using terminal to build my own rom, and stuck on "lunch", can not find the right device name for honor 5x. need help.
Thanks for your response.
I did not use any software, i follow the instruction of AlaskaLinuxUser, he has lot of videos for compling custom rom.
I am working in Ubuntu 22.04, and openjdk18, the latest git and repo. And i also use lineage os instruction(https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kiwi/build) for reference.
The manifest is from "https://github.com/AOSiP/platform_manifest/tree/pie"
Before command "lunch", everything is ok, and "repo sync -j 4 -c" is fine, no error.
This error looks like the name of device is wrong.
For Lineageos 17.1, i am using "kiwi", it works and already flashed my compiling rom on my phone, and everything is working fine, just sometimes has response lag problem. That is the reason i want to try another rom, i can not accept response lag, want to good performance.
There is office AOSiP rom for my phone, i just want to try to build my own rom for practice and later do some changes.
Using newer ROMs on older devices is going to cause lag, that is normal. The problem is not the ROM, the problem is your hardware wasn't designed to use newer, more demanding software.

david3709

May 21, 2017
yes, you are right, that is why i want to try android PIE, the reason for building AOSiP Pie is i want to do more practice, after more try, i can really build my own custom rom, right now what i only can do now is to rebuild some custom rom.