• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Question] Are custom ROMs like BatMan smoother than stock?

Search This thread

injectx

Nov 4, 2010
So I'm thinking about this quite often; would a custom ROM like BatMan really improve the overall smoothness of my device?
If it does, I would be okay with voiding my warranty.
If it would deliver the same experience as stock with a bit more customization, I would not want to void my warranty as I don't care for customization that much.

Being on stock, I've also experienced a bit more fluidity and smoothness when using the FHD+ resolution instead of the device's max. resolution.
Would be cool to have the same fluidity as FHD+, maybe when using a custom ROM or kernel?

Reactions: silverkin

Sjant

Dec 29, 2014
Denmark
www.gravholt.net
Deodexed roms will be overall a little more choppy than odexed (stock) ones. If you want a really fluid experience then you should try and change your kernel cpu govenor to 'performance', then you will get a very noticeable difference at the cost of a lot higher battery consumption.

Reactions: injectx

injectx

Nov 4, 2010
Deodexed roms will be overall a little more choppy than odexed (stock) ones. If you want a really fluid experience then you should try and change your kernel cpu govenor to 'performance', then you will get a very noticeable difference at the cost of a lot higher battery consumption.

Thanks that's helpful. I've also read good things about Jesse's kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I'm thinking about this quite often; would a custom ROM like BatMan really improve the overall smoothness of my device?
    If it does, I would be okay with voiding my warranty.
    If it would deliver the same experience as stock with a bit more customization, I would not want to void my warranty as I don't care for customization that much.

Being on stock, I've also experienced a bit more fluidity and smoothness when using the FHD+ resolution instead of the device's max. resolution.
    Would be cool to have the same fluidity as FHD+, maybe when using a custom ROM or kernel?
    Wow... Just wow... You use lower resolution just so that you got more fps? You already get 60. You won't get more...

Get a life

"Get a life". Hahaha, chill boy.
    Wow... Just wow... You use lower resolution just so that you got more fps? You already get 60. You won't get more...

Get a life
    Get some manners.:angel: