• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question [Question] are navigation bar actions gone (long press, double tap...) on OnePlus Nord 2?

Search This thread

xdapepe

Oct 13, 2021
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Hi guys,

On my old OnePlus X and OnePlus 6T thanks to Oxygen OS I could set actions depending on the presses on the navigation bar (for example: long press the home button to lock the screen) in the settings but I can't seem to find this option on the settings app of my OnePlus Nord 2.
  • Is it hidden somewhere?
  • If it's not possible anymore out of the box, are there any apps, adb commands or accessibility hacks to lock the screen when I long press the home button?
I really miss this feature, I was able to lock the screen without touching the power button from anywhere (while being in an app, while texting, etc.).

Thanks!

Badtz-Maru

Aug 13, 2016
Do you mean this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-13-16-32-04-12_49b3d7ede8f829c04ca0dbc08dacb1ac.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-13-16-32-04-12_49b3d7ede8f829c04ca0dbc08dacb1ac.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 63

xdapepe

Oct 13, 2021
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
No that's not it.
There was a setting on previous OnePlus phones that simply locked the screen (as pressing the power button would do) by long pressing the home button (the round one in the middle).

I can't seem to find this setting on my Nord 2 even though it is present on my OnePlus X, 6T and even on my friends 8T...

The Oxygen OS version running on the Nord 2 is completely different from all the other OnePlus phones, which sucks...

This is probably why:

https://www.slashgear.com/oneplus-nord-2-oxygenos-is-built-on-top-of-oppo-coloros-25683993/

muppetz

Sep 27, 2015
I use on Nord 2 , Double Tap to Sleep and Double Tap to Wake . DTS from Microsoft Launcher and DTW from own system . Both are working flawless .

xdapepe

Oct 13, 2021
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I use on Nord 2 , Double Tap to Sleep and Double Tap to Wake . DTS from Microsoft Launcher and DTW from own system . Both are working flawless .
Yes I also do that but this isn't exactly what I want since you have to return to the homescreen and only then you can double tap to lock. I want to be able to lock my device while in an app and without touching the power button.

Pouic

Aug 9, 2010
No those actions are sadly missing , the OS in the Nord2 is missing a lot of OxygenOS previous features because it's now merged with ColorOS and they decided to not include a lot of usefull features from both OS and that's very stupid IMO .

• Sad
Reactions: xdapepe

xdapepe

Oct 13, 2021
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
No those actions are sadly missing , the OS in the Nord2 is missing a lot of OxygenOS previous features because it's now merged with ColorOS and they decided to not include a lot of usefull features from both OS and that's very stupid IMO .
Yeah that's what I figured, that sucks :(

Just returned the phone because of that (and other reasons too for example slight black crush on low brightness and very bad battery drain especially on standby/when I sleep)...

I have a Nord CE and even though it lags sometimes in the UI it's overall way nicer (screen and battery life are fantastic). I just miss the alert slider on the CE and the vibration motor sucks but it's not a big deal to me.

Pouic

Aug 9, 2010
I think the black crush in low brightness is a common issue with a lot of OLED panels , my previous oled phones had exactly the same behaviour .
As for the standby drain it must be an app you have, during the night I get 0.5~0.7% per hour on my nord 2 , and I easily get 2 days with a single charge and moderate usage.

But the fake OxygenOS with so many useful features missing is clearly very annoying for me, if the Android 12 update don't bring anything new I think i'll switch for a Pixel 6

Reactions: xdapepe

xdapepe

Oct 13, 2021
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I think the black crush in low brightness is a common issue with a lot of OLED panels , my previous oled phones had exactly the same behaviour .
As for the standby drain it must be an app you have, during the night I get 0.5~0.7% per hour on my nord 2 , and I easily get 2 days with a single charge and moderate usage.

But the fake OxygenOS with so many useful features missing is clearly very annoying for me, if the Android 12 update don't bring anything new I think i'll switch for a Pixel 6
Yeah the battery life would probably have settled after 2-3 more days of use but the fake feeling OS really put me off.

The black crush issue is indeed plaguing OLED displays it seems, I tried the 7T, 8, 8T and Nord 2 in the span of a year and sent every single one back after a few days because of it and stayed with my 6T which had a perfect screen.

I recently bought the Nord CE to give it at try and the screen is also perfect, so now that I've finally won the OLED lottery I'm keeping it despite it lagging sometimes compared to my 6T.

I feel like the black crush issues are worse on high refresh screens: the 8T screen (120Hz) had the worst black crush and all of the 90Hz had it too but less pronounced (except for my Nord CE). I rarely see black crush on older 60Hz devices (My 6T, my girlfriends Oppo Reno 2, older Samsung phones, etc.).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.