[QUESTION] Can we port GSI rom to any android device?

Search This thread
May 7, 2017
Can we port any GSI rom to any android device? for example I want tp port GSI rom to Honor 6 Plus, Honor 6x, Huawei P8 Lite or any old android device.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
No, i mean port as customized rom to your device hardware, i know we can port any rom including OEM roms using GSI Erfan GSIs tool but what about opposite?
I want to do that because my device tree and vendor tree are not available in github or any other place.
Your question is very broad. It is effectively the same as asking "Can you port any ROM from one device to any other?" Although a little more generic (GSI's), if your device does not support project treble, then you are kinda in the same boat that the ROM is from a different device. Just as Phone A does not support phone B's ROMs. The devil is in the detail ie specifics.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, i mean port as customized rom to your device hardware, i know we can port any rom including OEM roms using GSI Erfan GSIs tool but what about opposite?
    I want to do that because my device tree and vendor tree are not available in github or any other place.
    Your question is very broad. It is effectively the same as asking "Can you port any ROM from one device to any other?" Although a little more generic (GSI's), if your device does not support project treble, then you are kinda in the same boat that the ROM is from a different device. Just as Phone A does not support phone B's ROMs. The devil is in the detail ie specifics.