QUESTION: Changing all system sounds..

Search This thread

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
I remember on Windows Mobile 2003/SE you could dump wav files into the/Windows directory on your pda, and re-direct the registry entries to these sounds from the old ones. It was possible to change all of the start menu sounds, default sounds, volume changing sounds and error/question sounds. These changes are completely seperate form the ones found in the "Sounds and Notifications" control panel applet too. I have tried this in WM5 on my HTC Wizard, but it doesn't seem to work anymore (not that I expected it to in all ohnesty).

Basically, i'm looking for a way to change ALL of the system sounds WITHOUT having to install other programs, as it used to be. If this is not possible then i'll just have to live with it, but this is the only problem preventing my Wizard from being totally flawless in every way...

I have included the old package I made with the files, and the registry entry that's needed (although I can't remember where it goes anymore), in case anyone with an oder PDA wants it...

Thanks in advance for any help anyone may give :)

Attachments

• Sound_Replacements.zip
    410.1 KB · Views: 50

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
but does this allow you to change the start menu sounds... as it doesn't allow me to... The files seem to be ignored, and the ones in the rom are used instead. I name the files the same (obviously), and try not to make them too large. They are encoded in the same format as the other sounds on the device, at the same freq and resolution... Yet they don't show up, even after a reset...